sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Best smartshare ETFs (in the current climate)

Looking at setting up a few Smartshares ETFs to diversify away from AUS/NZ
    Which ones are looking decent in these turbulent times? Will be drip feeding cash into them
    over the next couple of years.

Thought Europe might be a good one as valuations look cheaper than elsewhere due to brexit etc. Any thought on good/bad smartshares to look into?

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Looking at setting up a few Smartshares ETFs to diversify away from AUS/NZ
    Which ones are looking decent in these turbulent times? Will be drip feeding cash into them
    over the next couple of years.

Thought Europe might be a good one as valuations look cheaper than elsewhere due to brexit etc. Any thought on good/bad smartshares to look into?
    I have Emerging Markets, Europe and US Value. Value stocks have been out of favour for years, but I expect them to be a more defensive holding than the US500 fund. I'm also hoping there'll be a big rotation away from growth and back to value at some point!

I hold Emerging Markets and Europe on the grounds that these markets are a lot cheaper on a PE basis than other regions. The EuroStoxx index has a forward PE of around 13x at the moment, and the MSCI Emerging Markets index has a forward PE of 12x.

Emerging Markets is a long term story. I think the trade wars and geopolitics (Hong Kong etc) will be a short term drag but longer term, these markets have demographics on their side with much younger populations than developed countries. So I like your plan to drip feed into your chosen ETFs over a couple of years.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    I have Emerging Markets, Europe and US Value. Value stocks have been out of favour for years, but I expect them to be a more defensive holding than the US500 fund. I'm also hoping there'll be a big rotation away from growth and back to value at some point!

I hold Emerging Markets and Europe on the grounds that these markets are a lot cheaper on a PE basis than other regions. The EuroStoxx index has a forward PE of around 13x at the moment, and the MSCI Emerging Markets index has a forward PE of 12x.

Emerging Markets is a long term story. I think the trade wars and geopolitics (Hong Kong etc) will be a short term drag but longer term, these markets have demographics on their side with much younger populations than developed countries. So I like your plan to drip feed into your chosen ETFs over a couple of years.
    My thoughts have been somewhat similar, did not want to diversify out of an overblown market into another one. Other thing with Europe is their currency has not been as strong as the dollar so get a bit better value. There probably good reasons why Europe P/E is much less, but feel more comfortable investing there. Already have a solid hilding in MFF which has quite a bit of exposure to the states, so I guess emerging markets makes some sense.

老外

With the rise of gold and likely more to come with a whole bunch of uncertainty, why not a gold ETF? I have been looking at Perth Mint gold ETFs recently, might have to do some drip feeding in myself...

I really think a hard Brexit in a couple of months may be the tipping point. It seems like everything now is like a jenga game with a top heavy market now stacked to over flowing. When the Brexit block gets pulled out from the bottom...

Now could be a good time for the SmartShares robotics and automation ETF... robots don’t get viruses

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    Now could be a good time for the SmartShares robotics and automation ETF... robots don’t get viruses
    I'm of the same opinion and have been buying. Copy paste my post from the positive effects of covid thread:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/07/b...ion/index.html

I'm not sure if index fund threads are kept somewhere else on the forum, but potentially good news for the Global Robotics and Automation Fund later in the year (BOT), a few excerpts from the article:

"Brain Corp., which supplies autonomous floor-scrubbing robots to grocers, said it saw a 13% jump in the usage of its robots at stores in March compared to a year ago. Grocers staying open during the crisis have shortened their hours to allow for deep cleaning overnight.

Walmart (WMT), the country's largest retailer and private employer, will have Brain Corp's self-driving robots in 1,860 of its more than 4,700 US stores by the end of the year. It will also have robots that scan shelf inventory at 1,000 stores and bots at 1,700 stores that automatically scan boxes as they come off delivery trucks and sort them by department onto conveyer belts by the end of the year."

"At a handful of Schnucks Markets stores in the Midwest, Tally, an autonomous robot, scans shelves to alert employees when products are out of stock or labeled incorrectly, said Brad Bogolea, CEO of Simbe Robotics, which developed the robot.
    "This massive surge in demand was a major shock to most retailers' inventory counts," said Bogolea. The robot has been helping workers restock items on shelves by giving them real-time data on which items are out, he said."

I set up a smartshare account yesterday, now thinking about what to invest in and whether to drop all the money in at once or drip feed it over months.

I have ordered some of the new SmartShare Core ETFs - NZG, which is similar to the existing FNZ (NZX50 ETF)

The new Core Series of SmartShares are scheduled to be launched on 15 July.

Is anyone else participating in the introductory (no setup fees) offer?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chickens View Post
    I have ordered some of the new SmartShare Core ETFs - NZG, which is similar to the existing FNZ (NZX50 ETF)

If you buy Smartshares through Sharesies there are no fees or brokerage either.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chickens View Post

Yep I'm in for some NZG and the new Ozzy top 200.