sharetrader
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Vanguard, (you can buy them on the ASX) have a whole range of different funds. Not sure if they have an ALL Ords but surely they would have one better than just OZY. I too found OZY too restrictive in just 20 top Aussie stocks.
    Yes 20 companies for a country the size of Australia is not much. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    For context there are approx. 720 unlisted managed funds in NZ! In the US, there are approx. 2000 listed ETFs and a total of around 4000 listed companies (so ETFs are ~33% of the market). There will be 35 Smartshares ETFs after these new funds are launched and there are 130 listed companies, so in NZ ETFs are ~21% of the market.
    Bump .. this is a thread worth maintaining.
    So far I have not invested in any ETFs but research suggest they outperform most fund managers.

Guru

For some good research.. SPIVA is the bible of funds.

https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/reports/regions

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
    I set up a smartshare account yesterday, now thinking about what to invest in and whether to drop all the money in at once or drip feed it over months.
    I drip mine in every month, though it is amazing how often the prices all seem to rise around the time it is dripped in.
    European shares is the main one, as felt the prices of European stocks were a little less stretched

Guru

The currency stuff is slightly annoying with these ETFs. I wish they had more hedged funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    The currency stuff is slightly annoying with these ETFs. I wish they had more hedged funds.
    They've just listed a new Total World (NZD Hedged) ETF today.

Guru

I hope there is more to come . I like the lower fee stuff that has also been launched

Surprised they haven't added a general Nasdaq/QQQ tracked fund yet. Considering they have a few niche thematic ones already.

Last edited by sonny n share; 16-07-2020 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added links

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sonny n share View Post
    The new Smartshares S&P/NZX 50 (NZG) is 0.20% fee via Investnow and smartshares,
    It is 0.49% via superlife

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...is-points.html
    How can it be 0.49% via superlife and cheaper elsewhere? That does not really make sense. Unless superlife somehow charge an additional fee for being a superlife client? Seems bizarre.

Normally the fee for the ETF is fixed at a set rate and it does not matter where I buy the ETF. If I purchase it via Direct Broking I get charge a brokerage fee for the trade, but the fund fee will be the same as if I purchased it via Sharesies, or somewhere else. I do not get why it would be more expensive via Superlife.
    Last edited by blackcap; 15-07-2020 at 09:29 PM.