sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Monthly/yearly gainers/losers - where to find this?

Hi all,

Apologies if I'm being a bit slow, but Im struggling to find a site where I can see % gained/lost over a specific time period, e.g last 6 months. I can see on the likes of MSN which shows me the day gainers/losers but I want to be able to see who have been the biggest movers over the past 6 months. Im sure I have seen this somewhere before but I cannot find this anywhere now...

Thanks!

Google is your friend. Type in the share code and Voila!

Thanks, but what Im after is selecting a time period and then seeing all major movers in that period. So, selecting 1 year I can see a list of the biggest gainers/losers in that period.

Outside thinking.

On the Direct Broking site you can do a similar thing when you establish a personal 'watch list.'

When you select a share for your watch list, after identifying the share, you are asked to enter in a 'baseline date' and once selected each time you view your watch list you can EITHER see the shares DAILY ups and downs OR the ups and downs versus your base line (by selecting the 'baseline date' option at 'view' prompt at the top of the page, just next to your name for your watch list.)

Here's a sample from my watch list

Watchlist.jpg

In this example the last column gives the number of weeks since you established a baseline for the respective shares, while the percentage column gives the % change over that time frame.

So in this example the PEB share price has declined 63% over 346 weeks, while
    the PLX share price has gained 368% in 47 weeks.

It's perhaps not exactly what you were after, but I find this tool v useful as it highlights the major movers on any watch list you establish.

Thanks Left Field (I just read your excellent post on investment strategies!).

All I am after is the ability to select, say 6 months, and then see a list of stocks that have had the greatest increase in that period. Im very surprised that this isnt a common feature in most financial sites.

https://www.sharesight.com/nz/pricing/
    will do it, but you have to enter the companies yourself
    You can show up to 10 companies for free.
    It also accounts for the dividends which is important.

left field - re the DB portfolio. I have started using this in recent times - having the baseline option is handy, but how do you delete a share from a watchlist - I can only seem to delete the whole watchlist, which I have done in error!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    left field - re the DB portfolio. I have started using this in recent times - having the baseline option is handy, but how do you delete a share from a watchlist - I can only seem to delete the whole watchlist, which I have done in error!
    You have a delete button on the far right for each stock, next to the edit button, where you can set up alerts etc

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You have a delete button on the far right for each stock, next to the edit button, where you can set up alerts etc
    That's the trick!

Also, On DB you can have several watch lists so you could (say) have a 5 yr watch list and set all the base line dates 5 yrs ago..... or 2 yrs.....etc. etc.

Lastly variations of watch list offerings are available on other sites. I seem to recall NZX site has one (which I haven't used) and of course Share Site has a good one. FWIW I find Share site a great tool, and because my portfolio is never more than 8 stocks Share Site is FREE so even I can afford it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mani99 View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies if I'm being a bit slow, but Im struggling to find a site where I can see % gained/lost over a specific time period, e.g last 6 months. I can see on the likes of MSN which shows me the day gainers/losers but I want to be able to see who have been the biggest movers over the past 6 months. Im sure I have seen this somewhere before but I cannot find this anywhere now...

Thanks!
    go to tradingview screener change country to NZ and change fields to what time frame performance you want. data is all daily unless you pay.
    one step ahead of the herd