sharetrader
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Basically as I see it, the "protestors" have dug themselves into an intransigent position and simply will not back off.
    Agree Beagle...
    Those " protesters " holed up in the Uni. know this.
    They also know that their cards have been marked.
    Go out in a blaze of glory...
    Did you note how friendly and none threatening the show from the PLA double marching in sports gear around the streets was?. As they cleared to one side the roads of bricks and debris ?.

China has many more problems today than the MSM is reporting.

The " protesters " have now been cornered in the Uni if reports are to be believed.
    Hunger and lack of water will ( should be ) the final weapon..

However... Their parents and grandparents had the guts to escape to HK.

Maybe they are just chips off of an old block.

More power to their elbow is my wish. ( easy to say )..
    Last edited by janner; 19-11-2019 at 10:56 PM.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rsity-standoff

End game nears.

BBC report this morning showed hundreds and hundreds of petrol bombs ready to be used against the police and anyone who dared to confront them, including university authorities.

Guess some of the posters here will be happy to see protestors in NZ (eg. green warriors) do the same - occupy universities and arm themselves with petrol bombs?

And of course our police should just stand back and watch.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rsity-standoff

End game nears.

BBC report this morning showed hundreds and hundreds of petrol bombs ready to be used against the police and anyone who dared to confront them, including university authorities.

Guess some of the posters here will be happy to see protestors in NZ (eg. green warriors) do the same - occupy universities and arm themselves with petrol bombs?

And of course our police should just stand back and watch.
    Who knows what other posters might think.

But I think that just like New Zealand, the police will "toe the party line". Perhaps the party line is suffering from arrested development.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...nned-hong-kong

Human rights award?

Really?

For encouraging terrorism acts and as much destruction to Hong Kong’s economy ?

The West continues in every way possible to undermine China.

The very same British establishment which forced drugs and opium, plundered and looted billions of dollars, impoverished and weakened China understands 'human rights'?
    Last edited by Balance; 20-11-2019 at 02:35 PM.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...polyu-12107494

University turned into a petrol bomb and weapons factory.

But the West commends the terrorists as peaceful pro-democracy protestors.

Wonder if the British Parliament would be happy to have 3,900 petrol bombs stashed at Oxford University ready to be unleashed at police and the public.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-11-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Well we know how the British Parliament reacted when confronted with MPs behind assassinated by car bombs at the House of Commons, we know how the British government reacted when the Prime Minister narrowly escaped assassination by a bomb which destroyed the hotel she was staying at, and we know what happened after Lord Mountbatten was assassinated.

So we have a fairly good idea of the likely British response.

We also know how the Chinese government has historically reacted to peaceful protests.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Well we know how the British Parliament reacted when confronted with MPs behind assassinated by car bombs at the House of Commons, we know how the British government reacted when the Prime Minister narrowly escaped assassination by a bomb which destroyed the hotel she was staying at, and we know what happened after Lord Mountbatten was assassinated.

So we have a fairly good idea of the likely British response.
    So what's good for the British is too good for others?

Not a word of condemnation from a single British MP about the 3,900 petrol bombs?

Guess it's not surprising huh, coming from the very same British establishment which forced drugs and opium, plundered and looted billions of dollars, impoverished and weakened China so the Japanese could invade China and committed atrocities like the Rape of Nangking.

We also know how the Chinese government has historically reacted to peaceful protests.
    Same way NZ responded to the Springbok protestors?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Same way NZ responded to the Springbok protestors?
    I've had a brief trawl through the archives, and I've failed to find a single photograph of tanks rumbling down Lambton Quay toward the centoaph.

Do you think there might have been a cover-up?

I've had a brief trawl through the archives, and I've failed to find a single photograph of tanks rumbling down Lambton Quay toward the centoaph.

Do you think there might have been a cover-up?
    OMG - must be!

Because NZ is this lovely peaceful fair-minded country where anti-racist peaceful tour protestors were allowed to go their merry way - without police batoning & beating them to submission and not a single cop was not then held accountable for said actions*.

And NZ of course never ever ever took land from the Maoris and deprived them of their livelihoods, and slaughtered thousands of them when they dared to peacefully protest the forfeiture, right?

Such ideals we have as New Zealanders, haven't we?

*https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...bjectid=206678
    Last edited by Balance; 20-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

I suspect that New Zealanders are indeed grateful that the tanks never rolled down Lambton Quay.

It may also go some way toward accounting for the desire of many people from many places where the tanks have rolled to go and live there.

I suspect that New Zealanders are indeed grateful that the tanks never rolled down Lambton Quay.

It may also go some way toward accounting for the desire of many people from many places where the tanks have rolled to go and live there.
    Yes, I suspect that New Zealanders are indeed grateful for the land taken from peaceful protestors and when they objected, slaughtering them.

Wonder where such thuggish, cruel and immoral people could have come from!

Oh, I think I know - China, right?

Keep up the narrative, GTM 3442 - I have just started.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-11-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Yes, I suspect that New Zealanders are indeed grateful for the land taken from peaceful protestors and when they objected, slaughtering them.

Wonder where such thuggish, cruel and immoral people could have come from!

Oh, I think I know - China, right?

Keep up the narrative, GTM 3442 - I have just started.
    Well far be it from me to stop you once you've started.

But every so often, offer up a little prayer of thanks and gratitude that you're in a space where you can go on - for as far as you like, as often as you like.

Well far be it from me to stop you once you've started.

But every so often, offer up a little prayer of thanks and gratitude that you're in a space where you can go on - for as far as you like, as often as you like.
    As of our and my right as a New Zealander, GTM 3442.

What were you trying to insinuate? That I am a recent migrant from China?

I choose not to be influenced by the blatant Western bias which percolate and cloud coverage of the HK protests.

There are real grievances amongst the youth in HK which they are protesting about - totally unaffordable housing, rising unemployment as HK loses its gateway status to China for trade and finance and ever rising costs of living - twisted and manipulated by radicals with the ever ready and ever eager West into the acts of terrorism against HK and its people.

Up to all of us which path we choose to follow.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-11-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Oh yeah! Aren't rights great!

I'm sure that lots of people in lots of places wish they had more than they do.

New Zealanders do have a whole bunch of them, but I suspect that many New Zealanders really don't sufficiently appreciate them.

Media bias? I read everything I can and form an opinion, then read something else, which might make me change my opinion, ad infinitum (but not yet ad nauseum)

It's often a matter of reading between the lines - and sometimes a matter of trying to figure out where those lines are. . .