sharetrader

Default Keeping track of portfolio

My daughter has participated in dividend re-investment programs over the years. She now has only a vague idea of how many shares she has. She has not manually added in to the number of shares on her ASB trading account. Does Computershare automatically keep an up to date total?

I would think so
    Does she get the Statement sent/emailed to her. usually get one at the end of the month if something has changed such as an increase in holdings due to a DRIP.
    Logging into Computershare will also tell you

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Computershare and Link Market will have the correct number of shares held.
    They send an updated statement within a week.

If she does not have a login with both she should create one with each and ensure they have correct details for her.

ASB auto portfolio is rubbish
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    My daughter has participated in dividend re-investment programs over the years. She now has only a vague idea of how many shares she has. She has not manually added in to the number of shares on her ASB trading account. Does Computershare automatically keep an up to date total?
    She can check on an individual shareholding by logging in to view her shareholding transactions for the company concerned. She will need her CSN and FIN. If she cannot remember or has lost her FIN, then I think the registry will send her the number by mail. They may charge a fee for that.

As she does not know the total number of shares, it sounds like she has not been receiving dividend or proxy notifications by either email or mail. Maybe she will need to send a change of shareholder details as well. She may need to request the registry for a form to complete.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-09-2019 at 12:07 PM.

A further comment on Computershare. After recently buying NZO, they sent my updated statement to my old address even after I had changed my address some weeks ago by clicking the "change address" button. I rang them for an explanation and they explained that you have to go to another part of the site and do it again. So "change address" by itself does not do it. I will send them a letter asking them to make it one step.