sharetrader
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Some good news but didn't exactly fireup the market...https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=5334135
    Yes, good news for an extremely slow burner.
    I’m still holding this stock and happier to do so now more than ever at the current share price. Market cap just $NZ75 Mil.
    It’s going to take a lot more than this latest news to ignite the market but I thinks it’s increasingly becoming a good industry to be invested in.
    I’m happy to keep holding.
    Last edited by biker; 09-04-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Grammar

Don’t generate much cash do they .....and a negative free cash flow

And some punters think it’s worth at least 50 cents a share

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...791/323395.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t generate much cash do they .....and a negative free cash flow

And some punters think it’s worth at least 50 cents a share

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...791/323395.pdf
    Problem is - cash is not as easy made up than the numbers for their DCF calculation which "values" their IP. Can't really see customers queuing up and paying a premium for their blue gum and pine trees. Well, so far they don't.

But one thing is certain - Edison will write them again another (paid for) glowing report and come up with a nice big number they think the share is worth. They are doing that now for at least a decade or so ... who knows, maybe at some stage we see a miracle and it even turns true. They say the hope dies last ...

But than - hope is not a good investment strategy, isn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Sep 2018 Annual Meeting (share price 27c): CEO "there is no argument that the current share price is not where we would like it to be".

Sep 2019 Annual Meeting (share price 19c): Chairman "While current share price performance is unquestionably disappointing, we are confident that as ArborGen continues to demonstrate improved earnings and cash flows, share price growth will follow. As Chairman, and a major shareholder, I am incredibly focused on share price appreciation".

Aug 2020 Annual Meeting (share price 15c): CEO or Chairman (insert similar comment here)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Sep 2018 Annual Meeting (share price 27c): CEO "there is no argument that the current share price is not where we would like it to be".

Sep 2019 Annual Meeting (share price 19c): Chairman "While current share price performance is unquestionably disappointing, we are confident that as ArborGen continues to demonstrate improved earnings and cash flows, share price growth will follow. As Chairman, and a major shareholder, I am incredibly focused on share price appreciation".

Aug 2020 Annual Meeting (share price 15c): CEO or Chairman (insert similar comment here)

Have the Left put their order in for their imaginary billion trees yet (or still too hard - like some of their heads ? )

Perhaps Shaney has run out of Pingers for that small project already ?

but it might help things along a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Have the Left put their order in for their imaginary billion trees yet (or still too hard - like some of their heads ? )

Perhaps Shaney has run out of Pingers for that small project already ?

but it might help things along a bit
    Curious story this one. If I recall Fletcher challenge was broken up into 3 entities I think around 2000?? One of them was Fletcher Forests which became TENON, languished for years delivering little value for patient shareholders. Sold off TENON which left Arborgen. I bailed out 2 years ago. I know some shares are long term holds and patience is often required but this sad story is ridiculous.
    Board still got paid though.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Curious story this one. If I recall Fletcher challenge was broken up into 3 entities I think around 2000?? One of them was Fletcher Forests which became TENON, languished for years delivering little value for patient shareholders. Sold off TENON which left Arborgen. I bailed out 2 years ago. I know some shares are long term holds and patience is often required but this sad story is ridiculous.

Yes - it certainly is & was -- Fletcher Challenge got split three ways -- Paper Mill etc which got taken over Norwegian/Swedish Buyer (from memory) ; what is now listed FBU and the bits along with Rubicon along the way, this is what remains of Forestry - the Taupo Timber Mill (one of the last mills they had) got closed / sold (I forget which) the bulk of Forests got taken over / privatised into a Foreign/NZ joint owned Forestry Partnership and so was the demise & large scale dividing up of what was once one of our largest companies.. which started out I suspect as an attempt by Fletcher Challenge to have the Market recognise individual sector values on each of it's major operational components in the group..

How badly that went wrong, and then the operandi changed to extracting as much fast value out of the core bits by disposing of them (The former listed CHH unit was taken over by Hart's Rank Group and probably followed a very similar path)

I still ponder likely future successes of basically a stand-alone NZ listed Forestry Nursery company -- mostly operating up in the US Of A, if I'm not wrong..

Past news has suggested seedlings for Brazil etc etc , but then these sort of initiatives are dependent on genuine efforts of
    Political Leaders to go that way & not strip the land further for fast resources gains.

Brazil also currently ranks highly up the Covid-19 Infection & Death rate charts, next to the US of A ..

that is likely to be around for quite some time until contained or infections rates diminish

The natural process which may or may not follow in due course with ARB may well be to grow the operation for a while & look for a buyer - perhaps North American / Canadian - and then liquidate / repay Capital or reduce to a Listed NZ Shell, but who knows how long this stray listing of a basically US trading operation may linger on on NZX before something further happens
    Last edited by nztx; 09-08-2020 at 01:57 AM. Reason: add more

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    If I recall correctly there were 4 divisions of Fletcher Forest that listed on the NZ market. They were Fletcher Forests, Fletcher Energy, Fletcher Paper and Fletcher Building.

Listened in to the AGM recently. I heard something quite interesting
    Someone put the question why don’t they look at growing cannabis? The response was they were actively investigating growing hemp. Something the media has completely ignored from what I can see.
    If the referendum legalises it then the drug could be a viable business as well, not to mention medicinal....

Interesting product that hemp:
    Hemp, by every measure, makes more fuel, fiber, food and medicine than any other plant. An acre of hemp, on an annual basis, produces 300 gallons of seed oil (for fuel, plastics and food), 3 tons of high protein hempseed meal, 10 tons of bast fiber for canvas, rope lace and linen, 25 tons of hurd fiber for paper and building materials, and, from its leaves and biomass, ethanol for fuel too.

Hemp produces more fiber than any other plant. There are two types of fiber in a marijuana stalk or stem, the bast fiber, which is the outer bark, and the hurd fiber, or the inner woody core. According to the US Department of Agriculture’s Bulletin 404, a waste product from making canvas, rope,lace and linen from hemp bast fiber, this hemp hurd fiber alone, makes over 4 times more paper than trees. Hemp paper is acid free, for a long shelf life, and produced without toxic chemicals. According to Washington State University’s Wood Sciences Lab, hemp fiber board is stronger than steel. When we start using hemp instead of wood fiber for paper and building materials, deforestation may well cease.

I imagine if this pans out it would eventually set the market alight.
    There is somewhat more international infrastructure in place in ArborGen than Cannasouth.

I am editing this post to say I’m not ramping ARB or wanting to give anyone false hope.
    I hold far too many of these and after the comment at the AGM I am simply sharing my wishful thinking
    Last edited by biker; 01-09-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Listened in to the AGM recently. I heard something quite interesting
    Someone put the question why don’t they look at growing cannabis? The response was they were actively investigating growing hemp. Something the media has completely ignored from what I can see.
    If the referendum legalises it then the drug could be a viable business as well, not to mention medicinal....
    Maybe they should just have a chat with their tenant...:

https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...0782a4fa9.html