sharetrader
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle72 View Post
    The selling pressure is curious. Volume is relatively light, but someone is motivated to sell and keeps hitting the bid.

The conspiracy theorist in me fears the price is being driven down on purpose so that when the buyout announcement comes, it can be at a premium to last trade. That would get the deal done but still undervalues the shares relative to what we all believe is the potential. Hope I'm wrong.
    Go to www.hotcopper.com.au PTG thread and read Madamswer post ;Post #57998396 2/12/2021

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    Looks like a trough at around the 24-25c level. It's very tempting to buy at those levels, even though I hold a reasonable amount already. The lower volumes tends to put downward pressure on the SP and sellers outweigh buyers by 3:1 at the moment. We are well below the highs of a few months ago but this plateau is still 5c up on where the stock was only 6 months ago. Fundamentally nothing has changed - the reasons for buying in 6 months ago still hold. I'd only sell if I had to as I think it will kick up again once the strategic direction of the company becomes clear.
    In comes the cavalry. bids starting to stack up on the buy side with some volume. Took a while but has signs of a rally about to start.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Go to www.hotcopper.com.au PTG thread and read Madamswer post ;Post #57998396 2/12/2021
    Point taken, and I largely agree. It is foolish to speculate too wildly on light volume, small dollar movements. My frustration that we have not heard any result from the Strategic Review (5 months now) got the better of me.

Though the June 29 Strategic Review announcement implies that the acquisition proposal was rejected, it is not stated explicitly. Does anyone recall Arborgen mgmt actually saying "we rejected the bid"?

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle72 View Post
    Point taken, and I largely agree. It is foolish to speculate too wildly on light volume, small dollar movements. My frustration that we have not heard any result from the Strategic Review (5 months now) got the better of me.

Though the June 29 Strategic Review announcement implies that the acquisition proposal was rejected, it is not stated explicitly. Does anyone recall Arborgen mgmt actually saying "we rejected the bid"?
    Maybe just part of negotiation tactics.