sharetrader
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    almost hopefully coming up 3 months of accelerated growth .. and SP is retreating ..
    I dont get it .. Is the Mic upstairs from the Northern hemisphere not working now
    or is everyone upstairs busy outside putting out bush fires ?
    Yeah maybe a bit of a buying opportunity to increase portfolio sub 0.30. Before next push up higher with the next update?

ARB maybe just isn't on too many investors radar at the moment, and in turn the slow tyre leak recently. Likely will see a bounce and resume northwards rally soon. Possibly Instos are tapering the SP down then ready to buy in large volumes pre next update.

I took the opportunity to top up more. Will do so again before SP pushes back up to mid 0.3's

Thoughts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Yeah maybe a bit of a buying opportunity to increase portfolio sub 0.30. Before next push up higher with the next update?

ARB maybe just isn't on too many investors radar at the moment, and in turn the slow tyre leak recently. Likely will see a bounce and resume northwards rally soon. Possibly Instos are tapering the SP down then ready to buy in large volumes pre next update.

I took the opportunity to top up more. Will do so again before SP pushes back up to mid 0.3's

Thoughts?
    Agreed. Normal for the SP of under-the-rader stocks like ARB to stall in the absence of news. But if you buy in to their potential growth trajectory, as I do, then things will kick up again with the next update. News of the strategic review would help - particularly if there is more details on a potential US listing or buy-out.

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    Agreed. Normal for the SP of under-the-rader stocks like ARB to stall in the absence of news. But if you buy in to their potential growth trajectory, as I do, then things will kick up again with the next update. News of the strategic review would help - particularly if there is more details on a potential US listing or buy-out.
    Yeah would definitely want to have your portfolio topped up by then or would miss out on the next 20% jump that we will inevitably see. Or much more like PEB's recent growth, especially if there is a US listing or takeover in the works. Surprised we aren't seeing those in the know securing more shares already. No doubt will follow when talk of update arrises and mainstream catches wind.

Any idea when the next update is. The SP has slowly been leaking down, maybe a good buy opportunity now? Thoughts team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Any idea when the next update is. The SP has slowly been leaking down, maybe a good buy opportunity now? Thoughts team?
    I bought another 50k at 27.5c as I feel there's more chance of good news coming, either by way of the strategic review or in day-to-day financials. I still feel that ARB is a case of the right business at the right time, given the greening of the economy, projected housing boom and shortage of timber products. It's been a long time since they announced the strategic review - don't know what to make of that. Either they are seriously considering options and a big announcement could be forthcoming or there's simply nothing to report. SP does need some shoring up by way of an update though.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

I bought another 50k at 27.5c as I feel there's more chance of good news coming, either by way of the strategic review or in day-to-day financials. I still feel that ARB is a case of the right business at the right time, given the greening of the economy, projected housing boom and shortage of timber products. It's been a long time since they announced the strategic review - don't know what to make of that. Either they are seriously considering options and a big announcement could be forthcoming or there's simply nothing to report. SP does need some shoring up by way of an update though.
    Reading up on the Tenon sale, the sale of Arborgen to Rubicon and the many strategic reviews and valuations over the last 20 odd years is interesting... There've been definite winners and losers along the way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Reading up on the Tenon sale, the sale of Arborgen to Rubicon and the many strategic reviews and valuations over the last 20 odd years is interesting... There've been definite winners and losers along the way.

Yeah, I think investors have been right to approach ARB with certain degree of caution and skepticism given the machinations the
    past. "Chequered history" I believe is the phrase.

I got in less than a year ago at 15c as I felt they were on track to becoming profitable, which they subsequently did. Still feel they are
    undervalued given their market share and potential. Next couple of years will tell the tale if the potential substantial increase in margins from MCP seedlings is realised. Happy to hold and accumulate further when there are dips such as now.

Yeah, I think investors have been right to approach ARB with certain degree of caution and skepticism given the machinations the
    past. "Chequered history" I believe is the phrase.

I got in less than a year ago at 15c as I felt they were on track to becoming profitable, which they subsequently did. Still feel they are
    undervalued given their market share and potential. Next couple of years will tell the tale if the potential substantial increase in margins from MCP seedlings is realised. Happy to hold and accumulate further when there are dips such as now.
    Seems like a bit of an over reaction for a 10% drop in SP? Based on a 7% seedling loss. Positive news indicated still in the works for the US, that's where the more definitive progress and gains will be realised.

Will top up some more taking advantage of this big momentary drop in SP today.

Was this update announced previously that it would be released today?
    Last edited by Maxtrade; 28-10-2021 at 11:39 AM.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/381738
    and the sad story continues....not a mention of sale/IPO/etc???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/381738
    and the sad story continues....not a mention of sale/IPO/etc???
    I don't think this really changes anything, other than perhaps testing shareholders patience. Not much they can do about weather systems, supply chain problems and inflationary pressures, other than pass on costs next season. I agree though that they should have at least give an update about what is happening with the strategic review - is it still happening, are they assessing options or what?