sharetrader

Default Container Door Crowdfunding

Just visited the Container Door website and they are taking interest for a possible crowd funding capital raise. Investment starts at $500 for a piece of the pie.
    Just wondering if anyone else has registered or if anyone has any thoughts on this offer?

It is pretty hard to comment on the offer when they haven’t released an information memorandum yet

Some OK products but the 3 month shipping times kill it

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Some OK products but the 3 month shipping times kill it
    Have several friends that have used them for quite some time and are very happy. No experience with them myself

Never heard of them; visited site, impressed/amused with the product catalogue and FAQ. Clearly got that Kiwi vibe.

Agree with @Entrep, the shipping times are not ideal, but the savings seem pretty good and folks will be prepared to wait for a large enough saving. (Update: The progress bars showing sales towards order fulfillment is a nice touch and definitely got me interested in a wine chiller. So maybe the model works )

Much of their catalogue I would consider, luxury or discretionary goods, and wonder if we're heading into an economic downturn (or one comes in the future), how does Container Door stay relevant and competitive? Is this capital raise a play and buffering for such an event?