sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Default MHH - Magellan High conviction lic

First day of trading today. A new listed trust from Magellan which mirrors their high conviction fund. Highly concentrated fund that invests in between 8-12 of the worlds best companies. Listed today at 1.50

Anyone on board?

IMO

Thats right we discussed it on the PTM thread. Surprised AliBaba is not on the list. Just under 3 mill traded $1.495-$1.52

https://www.magellangroup.com.au/mag...viction-trust/

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thats right we discussed it on the PTM thread. Surprised AliBaba is not on the list. Just under 3 mill traded $1.495-$1.52

https://www.magellangroup.com.au/mag...viction-trust/
    Yes, listened to the video a few times. I might be biased as have done very well from all things Magellan.
    Have held MFF since the start. That one listed at exactly the wrong time in 2008 for a dollar, fell to around 40c in the crash but has done very well, about 3.20 now and had plenty of divis and rights along the way.

Hopefully this one not listing at just the wrong time too, but I trust them in the longterm, and they are a very good way to get some global coverage without just following some index or other. Subscribed to the float, and plan is will pick more up during periods of global weakness.
    Last edited by ratkin; 11-10-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Just noticed this thread. I like Asian tech for international growth at a reasonable price, invested in some MHH and also ASIA.asx recently.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Just noticed this thread. I like Asian tech for international growth at a reasonable price, invested in some MHH and also ASIA.asx recently.
    The folder arrived today, was starting to wonder if had actually been allocated any. In my book any sensible investments outside this immediate region have to be good. Magellan great track record

Ditto and agree with both points. Nice lift already while asx has dropped.
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 28-10-2019 at 08:39 PM.