sharetrader
Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1147

Thread: Power shares

Iceman I go through this exercise every two years when renewing a fixed term contract.
    As you say pricing is not transparent, rather they first want to know what you pay now then they claim 'their' price saves X $100s per year. It's all smoke and mirrors BS.
    You've gotta ring these bxxstards up and demand their BEST Kw/hr rate and daily charge. That's the stuff that you do the calcs on. Forget sign up bonus unless you get two close offers cause it might help over say 2 years. Discounting and negotiable line charge is still around despite minister Wood-head has tried to cancel them. I usually threaten to leave straight away to set the scene. Churn costs them money. Buying back doesn't work here as they want to sell stuff not buy it.

Advanced Member

Buying back is a total rip off
    We get 8 cents for our solar but pay around 32 cents plus all the line charges etc.
    Probably a lack of competition and vision for the future.
    We live in northland and generating up here must produce savings in transmission costs

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    We get 8 cents for our solar but pay around 32 cents plus all the line charges etc.
    We live in northland and generating up here must produce savings in transmission costs
    Throw a lead over the fence, I'm sure your neighbours would love power at say 20 cents per kw
    Just be careful because there,s a potential of 400 volts between you and your neighbours power...that's either side neighbours

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    No battery (s) Fish ?

When the "big one' hits...Ive been assured that Clyde Dam will remain...given the amount of concrete poured into its foundations...is it insured...?
    Like what ...a billion dollars....probably more....
    Last edited by troyvdh; 05-06-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Iceman I go through this exercise every two years when renewing a fixed term contract.
    As you say pricing is not transparent, rather they first want to know what you pay now then they claim 'their' price saves X $100s per year. It's all smoke and mirrors BS.
    You've gotta ring these bxxstards up and demand their BEST Kw/hr rate and daily charge. That's the stuff that you do the calcs on. Forget sign up bonus unless you get two close offers cause it might help over say 2 years. Discounting and negotiable line charge is still around despite minister Wood-head has tried to cancel them. I usually threaten to leave straight away to set the scene. Churn costs them money. Buying back doesn't work here as they want to sell stuff not buy it.
    Thanks for this. I have a few months left on my 2 years Trust Power contract and will be starting my research soon. But the number I’m most interested in is the buyback rate as with our solar system and 2x Tesla Powerwalls, we produce well in excess of our usage (even with main car being EV). But there is no transparency with the buyback rate and no encouragement to produce and export solar power on our homes to use in the grid. Sadly it will require calling every single retailer !

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thanks for this. I have a few months left on my 2 years Trust Power contract and will be starting my research soon. But the number I’m most interested in is the buyback rate as with our solar system and 2x Tesla Powerwalls, we produce well in excess of our usage (even with main car being EV). But there is no transparency with the buyback rate and no encouragement to produce and export solar power on our homes to use in the grid. Sadly it will require calling every single retailer !
    I am with Flick Electric and get the market price as a buyback rate (typically 15-20 cents). Of course there is still the line cost, to be paid over what you import but not over what you export. And the daily fixed cost for a low user, just increased from 30 to 60 cents a day to be raised every year by 30 cents until low user doesn't exist anymore.

To be precise: I pay a fixed cost of 30 cents per day for the network and 30 cents per day for the meter. And I pay a variable cost per kWh for the power I import of 0.113 cents for the EIA levy, 4.49 cents for Flicks Admin, a network cost of 14.9 cents during peak hours (7-11 and 17-21), 10.5 cents during shoulder hours (11-17 and 21-23), and 3.6 cents during off-peak hours (23-7), plus the ever changing market rate (changes every 5 minutes but is averaged out per half hour by Flick Electric). As the buyback rate, for power I export I get back the variable market rate, no charge for EIA, Flicks Admin or network.
    Last edited by Bart; 05-06-2022 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added detailed pricing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have you considered using the excess power to run a hot water cylinder? I haven't run the numbers but it might be economical especially if you already have a hot water cylinder.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    No battery (s) Fish ?
    No battery-it would have doubled the cost and I already have one in the Ioniq 5 .
    Vehicle to power will give me back up power if needed (the adapter for this is only around $1000 )

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    Have you considered using the excess power to run a hot water cylinder? I haven't run the numbers but it might be economical especially if you already have a hot water cylinder.
    with solar you have simple timers fitted on the fuses for hot water tanks/sewerage tanks /bores etc-run these between 10am and 4 pm.
    Maybe small scale pumped hydro might be possible for one of my 2 properties It has a 30 metre deep bore with its own tank.
    Last edited by fish; 07-06-2022 at 07:37 AM.