sharetrader
Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Power shares

Looks like Govt have given Rio the two finger farewell. Great. The trick will be getting these b...stds to clean the site up when they leave. I expect if their 'bluff' has truly been called they'll 'mothball' the site, dump the dross and skip the country. We've had quakes shootings covid..this is small-fri now. Wonder if Hamilton etc al are still smiling ?.
    Woods and Robertson have said bye Rio..

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Wait for the offshore institutions to wake up to the news.
    I am expecting broker downgrades right across the sector and have been expecting this announcement for some time. One wonders whether many (any ?), in this sector can maintain their dividends ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am expecting broker downgrades right across the sector and have been expecting this announcement for some time. One wonders whether many (any ?), in this sector can maintain their dividends ?
    Just found out the news, what is the consensus here, further falls, or a bounce when everything calms down

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    turn it into a tourist attraction, an abandoned aliminium smelter in a scenic location. probably wouldn't be safe without maintenance after a certain time period though.
    Would make a great base for the film industry, great set for horror films etc

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Just found out the news, what is the consensus here, further falls, or a bounce when everything calms down
    That as they say, is the $64,000 question !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Would make a great base for the film industry, great set for horror films etc
    Majestical quote from another thread -

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called present
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

i dont get how CEN are saying that transmission costs have been subsidized by NZAS
    Well maybe but power costs are being subsidized by all of NZ and thats heaps more than the transmission costs

we subsidize them more than they subsidize us ?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    i dont get how CEN are saying that transmission costs have been subsidized by NZAS
    Well maybe but power costs are being subsidized by all of NZ and thats heaps more than the transmission costs

we subsidize them more than they subsidize us ?
    This explains their side of the costs ...
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...-point-smelter

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    My understanding is that transmission capacity is currently not there to move this excess electricity away from the deep South. So what really changes in the main markets further North?

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    This explains their side of the costs ...
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...-point-smelter
    Wonder how the Bluff Oysters will respond.
    Also the seafood in general will improve massively.... less aluminium.

The power consumption by Tiwai is enormous.

Be good to start some giant glass houses... build a large airport. Fly the quality food produce directly to Aus and Asia...

Giant aqua culture farms...
    Get some aquaponic set up.

My thoughts went. Less demand for power.
    Manapouri supply is majorly consumed by Tiwai (from memory)

Close down less profitable power stations. And Or the ones using non renewable resources.

Ullrich Aluminium ... where do they get their material from?

Apologies won't/ haven't read all posts on thread. I am probably repeating information.

Big call if they go. Big Movie set 🤣. It would be pretty big. Mad max style.

Oh, the places you'll go ...