sharetrader

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    As usual I am saying the opposite...!!..lol.
    While Macquarie continue to hold ,OCA can use their [OCA's] tax losses.
    Should Macquarie sell out OCA will not be able to take advantage of their [OCA's} tax losses.
    When either Macquarie sell out, or OCA use up their tax losses, then they will start to pay tax.Once they start to pay tax,shareholders will start to receive imputated dividends.At present OCA's divie carries no imputation credits.
    I am sorry I do not know at what [Macquarie sell down] level OCA will lose their tax losses.
    OK...thanks...that's clear. I'll pop them back in the bottom draw and let them do their thing for a while again.

article highlights nursing/staff issues especially with aged care homes
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/128...-than-400-beds

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    article highlights nursing/staff issues especially with aged care homes
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/128...-than-400-beds
    NZ's low wage economy compared to OZ is a problem too. Also watch the rest home crisis grow if the government introduces reforms making the ORA/Village side of a Retirement company less profitable at the same time as as refusing to cover rising costs in providing basic level rest home beds.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    NZ's low wage economy compared to OZ is a problem too. Also watch the rest home crisis grow if the government introduces reforms making the ORA/Village side of a Retirement company less profitable at the same time as as refusing to cover rising costs in providing basic level rest home beds.
    In life at times I have had to ask myself "why bother".? If I have not come up with a good reason I have not.
    I would think retirement village operators will be asking the same question.
    Most probably decide to leave it to the government.
    Now can any one tell me if they think they [the govt] could do it cheaper then the current operators.?
    Last edited by percy; 24-04-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Won't happen otherwise the Govt would have a massive crisis on its hands, all the operators have to do is shut down the hospital and dementia sides of their business and the Govt would be skunked, where would they put the many thousands that would become basically homeless? you can't have it both ways. Also do the residents really want to start worrying about sorting out all their unit maintenance issues themselves , paying their own rates etc etc, its mainly some greedy families who want to push change in this area, the majority of residents are more than happy with the current arrangement, they enter these villages for peace of mind not to continue looking after and maintaining a house.
    Last edited by couta1; 24-04-2022 at 12:06 PM.