sharetrader
Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    percy

Before we brought our new unit/house we looked at retirement villages in our area.
    Lack of privacy was what put us off most of them.
    We brought our new house, for what an old refurbished villa would have cost us.
    Perhaps in 10 years time when I am 80 we may have to look at retirement/care again.
    I note the wife's uncle stayed in his own home, where he died at age 94.Social services provide a lot of help/care to keep people in their own home.
    But paying $1,000 to $1,300 to live in a very old home,that stinks of boiled cabbage, does not appeal to me,however if I should have a stroke or get further demented, that will be my lot.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Over $1200 here for our Mother. Be wary when they want to shift your mum or dad to another level of care, they will try to up the room rate. Ask specifically before hand what the changes entail and take the name and date of the person you talk to.
    So the $140 per day OCA charge is reasonable.ie $980 per week.

Advanced Member

My Mum, just turned 90, is still living in her own small home that Mum and Dad built to retire in. She counts the trucks going to Napier port for me.
    Yes...she gets a fair bit of help now....but on balance its working out.
    Its just fine until something goes wrong....a fall, sickness etc.
    So far so good.

Wow I just saw SUM 350,733 buy at $7.86 those are big boys playing now, should jump a bit on close!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Before we brought our new unit/house we looked at retirement villages in our area.
    Lack of privacy was what put us off most of them.
    We brought our new house, for what an old refurbished villa would have cost us.
    Perhaps in 10 years time when I am 80 we may have to look at retirement/care again.
    I note the wife's uncle stayed in his own home, where he died at age 94.Social services provide a lot of help/care to keep people in their own home.
    But paying $1,000 to $1,300 to live in a very old home,that stinks of boiled cabbage, does not appeal to me,however if I should have a stroke or get further demented, that will be my lot.
    Cabbage is nothing think urine and poo in the heat of summer, from unchanged nappies some the time because of the understaffing and a few neglecting to do it.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 26-11-2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: some, not all is more accurate.

Both MET and SUM up strongly on close, clearly someone knows something...

Eww! Compact portable air conditioners are the answer there. But still not a life-style I would gladly choose.

percy

Cabbage is nothing think urine and poo in the heat of summer, from unchanged nappies all the time because of the understaffing and a few neglecting to do it.
    I would rather not..............lol.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Both MET and SUM up strongly on close, clearly someone knows something...
    On the few i checked there was a lot of big volumes on the close. My guess is some portfolio rearrangements rather than insightful buying. Even SKT TV was up 3c on the close.

You really should think before you open that mouth of yours and make blanket and offensively inaccurate statements like that

As a rest home caregiver I resent your disrespectful (to both residents and staff) comment. If you were standing next to me I’d bitch-slap you!

Come and visit our rest home and talk to our residents. Yes, we are all understaffed but we don’t neglect anyone and we definitely do not leave anyone sitting in soiled incontinence products “all the time” - or “any of the time.”

Unbelievable

Cabbage is nothing think urine and poo in the heat of summer, from unchanged nappies all the time because of the understaffing and a few neglecting to do it.