sharetrader
Page 37 of 144 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Govt have still got $20 Billion in unallocated helicopter money to throw around from the Budget. That's $4,000 for every man, woman and child in N.Z.....$24,000 for a family of six... Hmmm, anyone here think that might make a difference ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I will take that money Master Beagle...n buy more OCA and PLX....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I will take that money Master Beagle...n buy more OCA and PLX....
    Funny you say that mate. Report out on Friday in the US suggests buying stocks is exactly what a lot of people have been doping with their stimulus cheques ! Not sure that's the intended purpose

Really encouraging to see another day of zero new Covid 19 cases. I think all the listed retirement village operators have done a truly stellar job of keeping their residents safe.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-05-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Care to explain this please?
    people don't like to acknowledge it, but every member of every household that receives working for families is a beneficiary.

Default National average asking price up 10% on a year ago !

The Rym AGM going to be very interesting next Friday. Wonder how the numbers are looking.

Realestate.co.nz spokeswoman Vanessa Taylor said in reference to the Central Otago Lakes region's average asking price having dropped 15.8 per cent year-on-year...

“It is important to look at the big picture when comparing year-on-year prices. I don’t think we can say that the average asking price in the region is definitely down because of Covid-19 given the long-term ups and downs we have seen,”

Righto. Tui, anyone?

That aside, the year on year national increase certainly creates a nice buffer to offset some downside that one might expect looking forward for the remainder of the year. Beyond that? We'll have to see what happens with this virus and what it does to the global economies/travel/tourism/immigration etc. Pain ahead without a doubt, but right now, we've made a great start towards softening the impact of this thing.

Bayley's auctioned 21 properties in the Queenstown region late last week. 17 were passed in and many didn't even attract a single bid. I think its clear that after many years of strong outperformance, now with both the foreign buyer restriction and Covid 19 impact on tourism and Air BNB income that region is going to get a proper belting going forward. A 20-30% reduction is possible in my opinion and possibly something similar for the following year

For those brave enough to weather the climate down there sometime in 2022 or 2023 might be a great time to pick up that lake view holiday home you've always dreamed of owning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-06-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For those brave enough to weather the climate down there sometime in 2022 or 2023 might be a great time to pick up that lake view holiday home you've always dreamed of owning.
    Was thinking the exact same thing, when the other half said “get real, the tourists will be back someday” then I thought oh, yeah nah. Can’t imagine retiring in tourist Mecca even if it is cheaper now or later, remember what it was like Beagle? A manic in your face rude tourist mad house. Certainly not a lifestyle I’d choose, or even a holiday home when you can rent for a week or so for a ski trip and avoid the hassles of leveraging otherwise dead assets while you’re not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Was thinking the exact same thing, when the other half said “get real, the tourists will be back someday” then I thought oh, yeah nah. Can’t imagine retiring in tourist Mecca even if it is cheaper now or later, remember what it was like Beagle? A manic in your face rude tourist mad house. Certainly not a lifestyle I’d choose, or even a holiday home when you can rent for a week or so for a ski trip and avoid the hassles of leveraging otherwise dead assets while you’re not there.
    You're right its a mad house and will be again soon enough. Thanks for the reminder ! Aside from that Mrs B reminded me the cold down there makes her asthma REALLY bad.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-06-2020 at 09:11 PM.