sharetrader
Page 120 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1431

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Balance ..with all due respect...Talk to real estate agents.....hahahahahaahahahahahahahah
    I am most thankful to some of them for their services over the decades. No sweat however if your experience is otherwise.

Balance ...No question ...how ever I think you are missing the point cheers.

Migrants are coming in.... property is holding up

Dear x thanks for that.

What do folk think about disclosure of money invested .

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    Migrants are coming in.... property is holding up
    If 20% drop is holding up, imagine what the property market must be like when it is dropping.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...peak-continues

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/13180...mmets-up-to-83

See.. just media trying to sell the news... overall property market is stable

My bank manager said she is overwhelmed with high no of loan application...so expect the Market is coming back soon

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Why this obsession about house prices ....Do folk still need to move into a retirement home ?.
    Ok the value of a home drops by say 5 %.....so what ?.
    The kids may get a bit less.
    sure people will still go to retirement homes but state of the property market is very important to RV's

falling values mean less property sales which means longer sell time because less people want to buy in a falling property market
    for old people to sell and enter RV this slower sell time means less cash flow to RV
    if property values fall by a large amount the price spread of peoples homes value to rv selling prices may become to large for some people to make this meaning reduced sales for RV's and less development margins
    so something will give at some stage if property market keeps falling .... i would say RV selling prices and with building costs continuing to rise there margin crunch is coming if this senario happens

so property market very important to watch and historically being an election yr , uncertanty and recession occurring wont change the trend i reckon
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

House prices according to www.homes.co.nz
    In 1975 I bought a house in Speight Street,ChCh for $10,500 today the valuation is $690K.
    In 1981 I bought a house in Creyke Road,ChCh for $40,000 ....today the valuation is $1.45mil
    In 1986 I bought at house in Norwood Street,ChCh for $84,000.........today the valuation is 825K
    In 2020 I bought a flat in Grange Street Ch Ch for $485,000.............Today the valuation is $640k.
    I am 74.I expect others my age have seen similar property price rises, and would note they would easily be able to afford moving into their local retirement village.
    A lot would also own shares,bonds or rental properties.
    Therefore for me and others moving into a retirement village is a lifestyle decision. .

ps.Selling houses .All houses I have owned have been sold within a few days,as we have always met the market,and have kept them presentable.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Really interesting if really scary numbers, Percy.

I just can't imagine what's happened to that house in Speight Street to account for such an amazing rise. Did someone wrap it in gold leaf or something?