sharetrader
Page 125 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1431
    Guru

Sure NZ real estate property has been super-inflated as a result of the NZ tax system, being the de facto pension scheme of many, and many baby boomers’ distrust of shares stemming from the 1987 Black Monday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Whether or not it was a good purchase for percy's mother is dependent on whether her personal utility of owning her own house was greater than the return she would have got by investing that capital. Many people don't live through life frugally so they can die with an ultra high net worth, and thats okay.

Although it does particularly get on my nerves when people claim their home is an investment, when it is clearly not.

Great post, agreed.

Problem is going forward people expecting the same result.

So the 'personal utility' aspect which I agree with you on, may dramatically change forward to the point where it means getting nowhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Sure NZ real estate property has been super-inflated as a result of the NZ tax system, being the de facto pension scheme of many, and many baby boomers’ distrust of shares stemming from the 1987 Black Monday.

As well as a whole lot of other things, but yeah, very interesting how many folk I know that the major boom in the value of their properties has bailed them out of being in real trouble.

Problem is we can only do that once, the next gen now has the debt and they did the bail out.

Political divide.

Barfoot & Thompson had its worst April in 22 years last month while the agency's median selling price dipped below $1 million for the first time in more than two years.
    The real estate agency, which is the largest in the Auckland market by a substantial margin, sold 473 residential properties in April, down 23% compared to April last year, and the lowest number of sales in the month of April for 22 years.

https://www.interest.co.nz/property/...-245k-november

one step ahead of the herd

This may lure NZ staff to Aussie. NZ Govt needs to step up.
    Salary increases for aged care workers:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/fe...a-ca0926327bbf

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    This may lure NZ staff to Aussie. NZ Govt needs to step up.
    Salary increases for aged care workers:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/fe...a-ca0926327bbf
    Excellent news.

Need an exodus of skilled NZers on a grand & epic scale for the sheep-like population of NZ to wake up and hold the wasteful spending of the current government to account.

Last skilled one to leave NZ, destroy the drawbridge to Australia so none of the NZ parasites can join.

IRD Applies to Liquidate Large Aged Care Provider | Newsroom

300 bed operator can't make ends meet on current government funding. Industry needs an additional 15000 beds by the end of the decade, but lost 1200 last year. Hmmm, what to do...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Last skilled one to leave NZ, destroy the drawbridge to Australia so none of the NZ parasites can join.
    Best you leave before the drawbridge rises - when are you off or don't you believe what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Best you leave before the drawbridge rises - when are you off or don't you believe what you are saying?
    Read my reply on ‘Election’ Labour government - parasite dobby41.
    Last edited by Balance; 05-05-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Read my reply on ‘Election’ Labour government - parasite dobby41.
    Too much dross to wade through with your comments so I won't bother.
    I gather you won't be leaving any time soon.