sharetrader
Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1431
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    a slowdown in immigration may cause a slowdown in demand for property . prices may soften.
    banks were saying house prices would go up double digits this yr 6 mths ago , now they are saying flat
    Governments on both left and right have more or less given up on introducing policies to boost investment in business to increase labour productivity. So immigration is needed to keep the economy alive. And be sure that if house prices looked like they were going to drop meaningfully they would find ways to keep the Ponzi scheme from collapsing. Unless they wanted to face electoral oblivion. Our three year parliamentary terms will ensure that.

"From 1996 to 2022, the average annual growth in labour productivity in New Zealand was 1.3 percent, compared with 1.9 percent in Australia."
    "Part of this difference could be explained by Australia’s higher levels of capital investment. Growth in Australia’s capital inputs has averaged 3.9 percent per year compared with New Zealand’s 2.8 percent"

https://www.stats.govt.nz/informatio...ics-1978-2022/
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-02-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    a slowdown in immigration may cause a slowdown in demand for property . prices may soften.
    banks were saying house prices would go up double digits this yr 6 mths ago , now they are saying flat
    Let's hope that there is a slowdown in immigration.

Bull....immigration etc.Mate how bloody sad is that.You maybe a legend.How healthy is it to have a nations wealth and prosperity depended on house price appreciation ??????????.
    I weep.
    Thanks dobby.
    Last edited by troyvdh; 01-02-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    How healthy is it to have a nations wealth and prosperity depended on house price appreciation ??????????.
    I weep.
    totally agree and dont forget cows and sheep
    one step ahead of the herd

Thankyou...I will put the tissues away.
    Bloody milk powder....I live in the mainland.Our enviornment has been violated...in many respects...WATER.
    I could go on.

Thankyou...I will put the tissues away.
    Bloody milk powder....I live in the mainland.Our enviornment has been violated...in many respects...WATER.
    I could go on.
    You should go on, on the salmon anglers website and learn the full impact yet to be felt in urban centers. We have our own N word. I could also go on.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    "I look at a stock as a business. Other people would look at it and say, 'Well, the stock hasn't done anything for a few years.'Who cares whether the stock has done anything for a few years? I don't care whether the price of my farm has done anything for a few years. I know that it can produce.So you've got to look at it as a productive asset and not as something that wiggles around on a piece of paper."

WB45c is arbitrary, last time the Sailor really filled his gullet was between 39 and 41 cents. Sold shortly after at 86.

So I'd prefer sub 45 thanks, or sub 25 if I can get. Hell I'd even take shares for free.

Currently I have been able to get my average (this round) below 80c but of course prefer much cheaper.

What are you asking about feeling the burn? Yep been hot and just had a kina cut so need to be careful in the Sun, nice not having to go back to work with everyone else I can tell you. This is purely because I have been able to purchase businesses with very LOW share prices to their ability to produce cash in future.
    I sold at 1.59, 1.60 and 1.61 but that kind of luck is rare for me, I was just overweight after ditching my fsf shares and oca was looking cheap. Like it is now. The only difference this time is people are suspicious of it being so cheap.
    Last edited by mike2020; 02-02-2024 at 07:13 AM.

Sorry Mike.It appears to me that you just dont get.Like dairy farms in the high country (above 700 meters) are ideally suited...the soil is ideal for cows.And with 1.5 km long sprinklers delivering water...Like what can go wrong mate.

Not sure what you think I dont get. I have spent some serious time fishing high country lakes and rivers Canterbury, Otago. Telling people I had been a dairy farmer got me a few lengthy lectures.
    Last edited by mike2020; 02-02-2024 at 07:13 AM.

Sorry Mike.It appears to me that you just dont get.Like dairy farms in the high country (above 700 meters) are ideally suited...the soil is ideal for cows.And with 1.5 km long sprinklers delivering water...Like what can go wrong mate.
    And you have a degree in soil science? Keep your absolute nonsense off of a forum about Retirement Villages. Remove the income from our primary industries and see what happens to the price of property, and almost all other aspects of our economy