sharetrader
Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Default Hundreds of UK care home deaths not added to official coronavirus toll

Exclusive: Industry body estimates up to 1,000 people may have died in care homes so far
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/covid-19-hundreds-of-uk-care-home-deaths-not-added-to-official-toll

Let us hope like hell we squash the curve as there is probably no reason to believe that NZ could prevent the same from happening here. By which I do not intend to imply that the NZ providers aren't doing what they need to do to prevent and control.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/covid-19-hundreds-of-uk-care-home-deaths-not-added-to-official-toll

Let us hope like hell we squash the curve as there is probably no reason to believe that NZ could prevent the same from happening here. By which I do not intend to imply that the NZ providers aren't doing what they need to do to prevent and control.
    I question that it happens here. I know of a few suspected cases in rest homes in Hawkes Bay, but management are remaining tight lipped about it. Would they need to reveal that to the market or no??

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I question that it happens here. I know of a few suspected cases in rest homes in Hawkes Bay, but management are remaining tight lipped about it. Would they need to reveal that to the market or no??
    We will probably never know-even if they could get to a testing station they would probably be refused .If they managed to get into a hospital with respiratory problems they would be tested.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    We will probably never know-even if they could get to a testing station they would probably be refused .If they managed to get into a hospital with respiratory problems they would be tested.
    They said on the news they struggle to test in retirement homes . Some don’t understand whats happening to them and it’s not a pleasant procedure so meets resistance from others .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Yeah I saw the news tonight where they mentioned the test is quite invasive and that it is difficult to test on the elderly.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Hi...this was a brief discussion started on the SUM thread, but I've posted here as relevant to all retirement operators.
    The link to the comparative NZ Herald article is here: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12323990
    The physical edition of the paper had some graphs in it also, that did not make it to the online version. They compared figures for development, resales and care (ie, operations supporting the three major income streams). The graphs are attached in this post. Note that SUM's resales figure have been annualised to a full year from the last half-year report.
    Ret - Development.jpg
    Ret - Resales.jpg
    Attachment 11263

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Hi...this was a brief discussion started on the SUM thread, but I've posted here as relevant to all retirement operators.
    The link to the comparative NZ Herald article is here: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12323990
    The physical edition of the paper had some graphs in it also, that did not make it to the online version. They compared figures for development, resales and care (ie, operations supporting the three major income streams). The graphs are attached in this post. Note that SUM's resales figure have been annualised to a full year from the last half-year report.
    Ret - Development.jpg
    Ret - Resales.jpg
    Attachment 11263
    Great article sylverster. Always enjoy reading your articles. Always my favourite on nz herald. Maybe you can start up a thread with nz herald articles by you. As long as the links don't become broken.

Membaa

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Ret - Development.jpg
    Ret - Resales.jpg
    Attachment 11263
    Great charts Sylvester, thanks for posting.
    There is a mistake made by the NZ Herald which needs pointing out for anyone using these charts to compare companies.
    The OCA build rate on the first chart “2020 devepments” is stated as 165 and is incorrect. That is actually their 2HY rate or a typo, it should be 265 when compared annually with the rest.
    More importantly this means the “green dot” above this figure should be on 6.8% (not 4.3%). This is worth noting as it demonstrates its building ambitions are up towards RYM and SUM rather than sharing last place with MET as per the published chart

The figures used for the other companies are all correct.
    Last edited by Maverick; 13-04-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Advanced Member

3300 of the deaths in the US have been people in care homes.

The UK does not even include care home deaths in it’s daily statistics. If it did they wouod have been way past the 1000 cases per day mark buy now.