sharetrader
Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think so. A lot of MET villages are older and the more traditional single level stand alone units. I see this as a real strength in this new environment in which we all find ourselves. With the village heavily screening visitors, providing shopping and medication delivery services, they're arguably a lot safer in there than old folks staying in their own home. More room around each unit and people can go for a walk around the village. I don't have any qualms about resale with these type of stand alone or duplex units.

On the other hand high rise apartment blocks were people are jammed in close together, like some other operators have a lot in their portfolio, are not somewhere I would want to be right now and I think these present a very real resale risk.
    A lot of apartment living at Metlifecare villages too, especially with new villages. I guess it is a juggling act between apartment living and leaky buildings as far as villages are concerned.

It is amazing how quickly The retirement villages have gone from being hotbeds for virus-spread to safe havens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    A lot of apartment living at Metlifecare villages too, especially with new villages. I guess it is a juggling act between apartment living and leaky buildings as far as villages are concerned.

It is amazing how quickly The retirement villages have gone from being hotbeds for virus-spread to safe havens.
    lol its funny alright , same in 87 the people loved those property developers
    one step ahead of the herd

The reserve bank now pitching in to help the property market...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12326359

"The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is proposing to remove loan-to-valuation restrictions on mortgage lending as Covid-19 wreaks havoc on the economy."

"Stephen Toplis, head of research for BNZ Bank, said New Zealand house prices are in for a 10 per cent hit over the remainder of the year due to Covid-19."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    The reserve bank now pitching in to help the property market...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12326359

"The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is proposing to remove loan-to-valuation restrictions on mortgage lending as Covid-19 wreaks havoc on the economy."

"Stephen Toplis, head of research for BNZ Bank, said New Zealand house prices are in for a 10 per cent hit over the remainder of the year due to Covid-19."
    That's good.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's good.
    I guess its a bit like golf there Beagle, every shot pleases someone.

One of the challenges facing this sector is it's reliance on foreign labour.

It is hard to imagine the Government allowing extensions or new visas when they are wanting to privilege the employment of Kiwi's because of high unemployment numbers.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    One of the challenges facing this sector is it's reliance on foreign labour.

It is hard to imagine the Government allowing extensions or new visas when they are wanting to privilege the employment of Kiwi's because of high unemployment numbers.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Well they might just have to up the wages to get kiwis willing to do the work. Or maybe not. Plenty of ppl going to be on the dole so they might be less picky working for $23 bucks an hour than a few months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well they might just have to up the wages to get kiwis willing to do the work. Or maybe not. Plenty of ppl going to be on the dole so they might be less picky working for $23 bucks an hour than a few months ago?
    Who would have dreamed we would see unemployment again. As Charle Munger says, you live long enough you get to see everything. Sometimes more than once.

Veteran novice

Perhaps. The industry won't want reluctant redundant employees though.

I earn less than that