sharetrader
Page 28 of 144 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I earn less than that
    O sorry. I thought there was a deal done with the government a few years ago where all caregivers got $23 per hour? Or am I missing something.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Perhaps. The industry won't want reluctant redundant employees though.
    if employees take an income cut, I am not sure if it will be good for social stability if they see some sectors of society prospering from share market and property speculation and may be continuing to enjoy tax-free gains from their speculation...

Will continued or accelerated divergence in wealth be a consequence of this epidemic?

I have been there 19 months and get $20.50/hour. When I supervise (two staff on only and respond or administering all meds including controlled drugs) I get an extra $1/hour gross. That figure might be correct once I finish my Level 3 qualification - only two assignments to go.

I don’t do it for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    O sorry. I thought there was a deal done with the government a few years ago where all caregivers got $23 per hour? Or am I missing something.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

I don’t do it for the money.
    Are at a stage when you have a household and family to support?

No. I live alone in my caravan, which is pretty much the only way I can do this job. I don’t want to have to work full time, and to be honest, I couldn’t hack it full time. It is a physically demanding job. I average between 25-30 a week.

It’s all good. I’m living the way I choose to and I’m happy

(But a pay rise would help me feel a little more valued by my employer)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Are at a stage when you have a household and family to support?

https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/37826 Being talked about like the elimination of the LVR is the best thing since sliced bread. That and 100 year low interest rates and returning ex pats scrambling to get back to safe little ol N.Z. should see the market pretty stable this year with a slight downward bias.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-04-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/37826 Being talked about like the elimination of the LVR is the best thing since sliced bread. That and 100 year low interest rates and returning ex pats scrambling to get back to safe little ol N.Z. should see the market pretty stable this year with a slight downward bias.
    I don’t necessarily see it as a positive thing. Wouldn’t the LVR be relaxed as the RB does not want to see a collapse in the property market? It would be amazing if the market remains flat while we face months of Covid restrictions in some form or other. If ex-pats do return to NZ and this is not offset by recent newcomer residents returning to their countries of origin, what employment opportunities will be available for them in the next twelve months?

Legend

Any guesses on how many or few participants will jump at this ?

I wonder how many prospectives will still be intent on sitting on sidelines watching
    perhaps looking for RE values to reduce further ?

Further employment shakeouts in another round of business rationalising in my book would be on the cards
    with opening things up & businesses adjust scaling things to their new economic landscape on the other side..
    Last edited by nztx; 21-04-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I don’t necessarily see it as a positive thing. Wouldn’t the LVR be relaxed as the RB does not want to see a collapse in the property market? It would be amazing if the market remains flat while we face months of Covid restrictions in some form or other. If ex-pats do return to NZ and this is not offset by recent newcomer residents returning to their countries of origin, what employment opportunities will be available for them in the next twelve months?
    I would think plenty will start their own business.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I would think plenty will start their own business.
    I am hearing the opposite Beagle. After the hammering SME are getting from the COVID issues, many will be very reluctant to start new businesses.