sharetrader
Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Banned

The fees all vary by Geographical area and if your not a private payer your only really paying your pension minus the $80 odd bucks a fortnight you get for pocket money so quite cheap for fully catered care.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    On the few i checked there was a lot of big volumes on the close. My guess is some portfolio rearrangements rather than insightful buying. Even SKT TV was up 3c on the close.
    yeh RYM were down on larger than normal volume
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Both MET and SUM up strongly on close, clearly someone knows something...
    A large player, or larger groups of players have perhaps warmed to the sight of retirement villages I think after seeing all the long term data.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You really should think before you open that mouth of yours and make blanket and offensively inaccurate statements like that

As a rest home caregiver I resent your disrespectful (to both residents and staff) comment. If you were standing next to me I’d bitch-slap you!

Come and visit our rest home and talk to our residents. Yes, we are all understaffed but we don’t neglect anyone and we definitely do not leave anyone sitting in soiled incontinence products “all the time” - or “any of the time.”

Unbelievable
    Deny my experience all you want but its my truth and i know that. Get real it happens. People who wont accept other peoples experiences and your threat of violence suggests you are in the wrong job!
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 27-11-2019 at 03:34 AM.

My "threat of violence" was an emotional reaction to your nasty comment about rest homes, and not serious, as you know full well. I am passionate about my job.it is one of the most under valued and under appreciated jobs, and I get defensive when people like you make disrespectful, generalised claims about the care our elderly receive.Yes, there are some carers who should not be working in the area, but the vast majority of us put everything we have into our jobs and we 100% care about our residents. If you (and others) are so disgusted with the care provided, why on earth would you ever invest in the sector?

I apologise for my bitch slap comment, but you are wrong about me. Every resident I care for is important to me. I care about each and every one of them. They are treated with respect, compassion and love. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Deny my experience all you want but its my truth and i know that. Get real it happens. People who wont accept other peoples experiences and your threat of violence suggests you are in the wrong job!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

A very unfair and uncalled for comment

Banned

A bitch slap sounds just the ticket in this case.

May I suggest we get back to the business of comparing retirement village companies and their merits.
    I see SUM has made some good announcements this morning
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    My "threat of violence" was an emotional reaction to your nasty comment about rest homes, and not serious, as you know full well. I am passionate about my job.it is one of the most under valued and under appreciated jobs, and I get defensive when people like you make disrespectful, generalised claims about the care our elderly receive.Yes, there are some carers who should not be working in the area, but the vast majority of us put everything we have into our jobs and we 100% care about our residents. If you (and others) are so disgusted with the care provided, why on earth would you ever invest in the sector?

I apologise for my bitch slap comment, but you are wrong about me. Every resident I care for is important to me. I care about each and every one of them. They are treated with respect, compassion and love. Always.
    Accepted and im sure you do.And as i noted staff are overworked so cant always pickup on an aroma from residents in their lazyboys on wheels as they rush past a room call ,way down the corridor . Sadly at the care place i visit most of the long term carers and nurses who had been there a long time and who had a calling to do this work left when new management came in. Very different now. I have also been told by a carer at one place Adult nappies are issued at a two a day limit and she has had to sneak another one for a resident.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A bitch slap sounds just the ticket in this case.
    Sounds like you need a patch, plenty of gangs out there, who disrespect women as well.