sharetrader
Page 61 of 144 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    FBU now officially into retirement villages https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...PLPMB7B4ZBTUE/
    yes they will have an impact on the other players who will probably lose the people who value there capital over amenities
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yes they will have an impact on the other players who will probably lose the people who value there capital over amenities
    At some stage you have to ask what's the point though, without amenities or care they are better off keeping their existing free hold residential property if they value their capital the most.

Banned

Honestly bull you really must start learning more about this sector, to 99% of people entering a retirement village capital value is a minor issue,its only a major issue to their greedy families in some cases.
    Last edited by couta1; 07-12-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Honestly bull you really must start learning more about this sector, to 99% of people entering a retirement village capital value is a minor issue,its only a major issue to their greedy families in some cases.
    or the greedy operators lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Well you could apply that logic to every listed and unlisted company worldwide then, they must all be greedy cause they all want to maximize profits after all, at least these companies are essential businesses.

Maybe you should visit a good retirement village and see why customer satisfaction levels are so high ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

And why staff deserve every cent they earn

Maybe you should visit a good retirement village and see why customer satisfaction levels are so high ?

Last edited by justakiwi; 07-12-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Bull - I visited the Summerset village in Hobsonville as part of a small project I was working on and I must say I was very impressed. Everyone I met there seemed really happy and it had a wonderful ambience. Coincidentally this is the same village that this little marketing video with Jude Dobson was filmed at so you can see for yourself. This is what I call a full feature retirement village with all the bells and whistles.
    It might interest you to know that based on my interview with the village manager there most people who move in are quite well heeled and have other investments, other than the home they sell.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHC3TithchU&t=4s I fancy myself as more than a little handy with a table tennis paddle... Hmmm...I think I would really enjoy a village championship competition...something to look forward too when I retire They might even host inter-village competitions or if they didn't I might organize it. Believe me Bull, people don't feel ripped off there. They feel happy, connected, content, secure and enjoy wonderful community facilities and the camaraderie of fellow residents. Its vastly better than being stuck alone, isolated and unsupported in suburbia somewhere wondering what to do each day ? there's always something happening in a vibrant village like this and people can choose how much or how little they feel like being involved with. I stood on the front deck of a waterfront unit on a beautiful sunny morning and the tide was in... chatting away with management about how the development had gone for SUM. Its been a very successful village for them AND the residents and frankly I can see why. This dog thought it was "purrfect"
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-12-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I visited the Summerset village in Hobsonville Bull as part of a small project I was working on and I must say I was very impressed. Everyone I met there seemed really happy and it had a wonderful ambience. Coincidentally this is the same village that this little marketing video with Jude Dobson was filmed at. See for yourself
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHC3TithchU&t=4s I fancy myself as more than a little handy with a table tennis paddle Hmmm...I think I would really enjoy a village championship competition...something to look forward too when I retire
    Not to mention the Beagles mini golf talent, Mr&Mrs C got a whipping from the dog a few yrs ago in Wanaka. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not to mention the Beagles mini golf talent, Mr&Mrs C got a whipping from the dog a few yrs ago in Wanaka. Lol
    LOL yeah that was fun. Can't help wondering if those skills on the greenfields of mini golf might translate over into being quite good on the bowling green.
    Just as well they don't have ski fields at retirement villages eh...wouldn't want to replicate that big belly flop I did at Coronet Peak again