sharetrader

Default Click and Collect

Is this just a waste of time and effort
    Buying a gift for my wife for Xmas. Online price was valid for the day only and only online.
    I thought click & collect would be perfect as I was going to be in the vicinity of the shop (Noel Leeming as it happens) 3 days later.
    So I go into today after work and no it is not there yet.
    I could have paid for a courier - extra $5-10, but that would turn up at home - wife would see the parcel and may guess what it is, but I would also have it by now!

Instead have to go again in a couple of days to pick it up

How long can it take to get it from the "warehouse" to the store - as I said, would have had it buy now if couriered or surely the shop may well have had 1 in stock in any event - could they check that first and send the order to the shop.
    I'm sure I was not the only person purchasing something for click and collect on that day and for that particular shop.

Not the first time , similar thing with another retailer, took about a week to get there and again about 4 days after ordering was going to be out near this shop - hence click and collect, but it was not there, and my wife had make a special trip the next week to collect!

JIT has become JINT
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

And what do you know, get the text today to say product has arrived!

Did the retailer say they would text when it arrived? That is pretty common these days.

maybe I missed it in the checkout process. but yes they told when I fronted up
    Still don't know why it takes so long though, as I said if couriered to me would have had within 2 days. Don't know why it would take twice as long to get the shop

I've always assumed the reason they can offer this service without an extra charge is that they are consolidating peoples on-line purchases with their normal bulk deliveries to the store. PB Tech for example offers free store collect. It can be as fast as the same day if they have the item in stock at the collection store, but quite a bit slower than a courier service from their on-line depo otherwise. No such thing as a free lunch I guess.
    Last edited by cyclist; 01-12-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Might be right cyclist, as i said I don't think I would have been the only person do a click & collect on the same day for the same store.
    Yes no free lunch