sharetrader
    Guru

Lightbulb Happy Valley Nutrition IPO

Despite it being an NZ company, the media here don't seem to have picked up on this NZ Company doing an IPO... but yes it is - and closing very soon!

Seems like speculative stuff (at this stage) with production not due till early 2023... but potentially lucrative (especially if/when they get a 'strategic partner' locked in)

https://www.onmarket.com.au/offers/happy-valley-nutrition-ltd/investor-presentation/
    (investor presentation)
    https://www.hvn.co.nz/ (company website)
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...factory-all-go (recent article about the factory)

Feel free to post any thoughts etc

Hi, we don't have a business, but we have $1.3m worth of assets, which, all up, we value at over $40m. If you pay us a bunch of money, we can start paying ourselves a nice salary and maybe we can do a business and maybe return your money one day.

... have I read all that correctly? If you'll excuse the milk pun, i just skimmed it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Hi, we don't have a business, but we have $1.3m worth of assets, which, all up, we value at over $40m. If you pay us a bunch of money, we can start paying ourselves a nice salary and maybe we can do a business and maybe return your money one day.

... have I read all that correctly? If you'll excuse the milk pun, i just skimmed it.
    Yes you have read it correctly... but don't all businesses start off like this? (from nothing, to something)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yes you have read it correctly... but don't all businesses start off like this? (from nothing, to something)
    But you can buy a private business or shares in one that's managed for much less, or the same valuation but with earnings and history.

Not a good debut on ASX

The 20 cent shares sunk to 13 cents soon after trading started
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

How did the ipo go, oversubscribed?

I was reading somewhere they need to raise a lot more money to actually get the factory built. Seems expensive at this stage with no revenue.

In administration

Still building the factory
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”