sharetrader

Threaded View

On the doghouse

Default The 'GoodReturns Market Report' from Tarawera Publishing (?)

Hi Vince (and others),

I seem to have been subscribed to the 'GoodReturns Market Report' e-mail list. Tarawera publshing runs the 'Sharetrader' website which I approve of and find very useful as an interactive platform for NZ based share investors. Tarawera also runs the 'GoodReturns' website. That one I do not frequent, although when I have been referred to that website by links I have found the content useful and relevent. However, I do regard the unsolicited GoodReturns daily e-mail as annoying.

My policy is that if anyone sends me a daily e-mail in the form of an unsolicited circular I put is straight in the trash bin without reading it. I did open a couple recently that contained glib two sentence summaries of any particular event that happened on the NZX that day. This information is not useful to me and just creates what I see as a spam stream in my in box. Despite there being a line of text within the e-mail that says 'unsubscribe' at the bottom this is not a link. So you can't unsubscribe.

In the supposed GoodReturns Market Report there is a line that says:

"You received this message because you are subscribed to The Markets newsletter"

When I go to the Good Returns e-mail newsletter page

https://www.tarawera.co.nz/newsletters/?p=1&ids[]=26&ids[]=90

there is nothing there called the 'Market Report'. So I suspect that despite what the e-mail says, it does not come from Tarawera at all. Perhaps the Tarawera Website has been hacked and this is third party spam. Can you confirm? Is anyone else getting this 'newsletter'?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-03-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7