sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guocoleisure

Default Guocoleisure

My mate has some shares in this company and wants to sell them before they delist. any ideas besides direct broking who will sell shares as I one off ie don't have to sign up as a client to use them.

If you have a broking account, you can do an off market transfer and sell on their behalf. You can download the form from the share registry (ComputerShare I think) website.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    DB does one off sales (for a cost of course). Theres also thr Shares For Good scheme if he wants to give them away.
    Talking of giving them away, there is also the shares for Bernard Whimp scheme. Not recommended, but no transaction fees ???
    Last edited by zigzag; 29-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemc View Post
    My mate has some shares in this company and wants to sell them before they delist. any ideas besides direct broking who will sell shares as I one off ie don't have to sign up as a client to use them.
    Hi Jasemc
    Ask your mate if his GLL registry statement is from M&C Services Private Ltd..(they are the Registrars in Singapore) ..or.. registered with Computershare NZ....The reason I ask is many Mum&Dad investors had large holdings 14 years ago and those shareholdings over a certain value got automatically transferred to the Singapore Exchange...

If your mates shares are Singapore Registry based then you will have to talk to a broker as the process is more involved. They would to connect up with a Singapore broker (I think)...
    If GLL shares are with Computershare NZ ...then why not to use DB's one off client scheme....I be interested in the reasons why you want to shop around (as I know nothing about these "non sign-up one off" things

Anyway...just curious as to why would your mate want to sell an uptrending stock???... The uptrend channel is an impressive one +300% in the last 5 years....and it's pays a dividend..these pluses well and truly out weigh the negative tax implications and the possible higher selling costs on another exchange....

If the reason to sell is purely the "fear of the unknown" that GLL is moving the rest of its registry away from NZ and your mates GLL holding is a considerably large one then a talk to a registered Financial Advisor or to the broker should be considered.

Guocoleisure stocks are much more liquid trading on the SGX than on the NZX ..see here ..Click on alphabet "G" then scroll to the bottom for Guoco Leisure trading for last friday (in SGP currency)
    Last edited by Hoop; 29-03-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Holy...This must be the first time in 25 years this outfit has received a speeding ticket please explain notice.....

Ron Brierley on the prowl before the de-list...? ;-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Holy...This must be the first time in 25 years this outfit has received a speeding ticket please explain notice.....

Ron Brierley on the prowl before the de-list...? ;-)
    Yeah amazing ..eh
    However to be fair it has been a top performer within the this NZX 5yr bull market (up over +340%)...nice

Don't know what GLL response was as I can't open NZX's attachment..My first thoughts with the sudden rise was the ultra slow tightening of Quek Leng Chan deathgrip.
    Last edited by Hoop; 29-05-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Hey Hoop...

The response was basically...Yes we are compliant with listing rules, and No we don't know of any reason for the recent trading....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Hey Hoop...

The response was basically...Yes we are compliant with listing rules, and No we don't know of any reason for the recent trading....
    Thanks for that Moimoi...

Veteran novice

Here's a trip down memory lane with Brian Gaynor as Guocoleisure, formerly BIL, prepares to de-list next week.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11278432

Guru

The ever so slow accumulation of GL (ex Brierley Investments) by Guoco Group is finally reaching a conclusion with the announcement of a conditional takeover bid for the rest of the company at $(S)0.70c ...and then privatise it (delist)

Disc: HOLD..Held these for 30+ years..One of the larger remnants making up my ancient non-active Long Term Portfolio which lives in my bottom drawer amongst the cobwebs and spiders.
    Last edited by Hoop; 17-01-2021 at 08:16 AM.