sharetrader
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12325007

The cunning investors that rode the boom of January and early February 2020 and then went to ostensibly all cash might allow themselves a small pat on the back though.
    Not necessarily......I'm not all cash, rode the boom and still riding...... my five year average pa return (as calculated by ShareSight) is currently just on 70%pa.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.44.58 AM.png

Much better than cash in hand IMHO. (Just saying.....as always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Not necessarily......I'm not all cash, rode the boom and still riding...... my five year average pa return (as calculated by ShareSight) is currently just on 70%pa.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.44.58 AM.png

Much better than cash in hand IMHO. (Just saying.....as always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.)
    I agree Left Field, I have rode this out and have picked up more shares in the shares I own. Im only down about 5% from my portfolio high.
    Last edited by ScrappyO; 17-04-2020 at 11:10 AM.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Down 11% for me (both global and NZ portfolios), probably more in line with overall NZX market. I'm not too unhappy with that, in context...and I've picked up a few goodies on sale on the way, so that will help me out in the longer term...
    I admit I did get out of AIR before the significant decline. If I'd hung onto that, would have been a worse result...

Heartland bank was a killer for my portfolio. When the second bounce happened into the low nineties I started to buy. (I would have to say I was nervous about it at the time)

I can't say I wasn't warned that the market would crash - (or that there are not warnings that it will do so again) - and if I had sold near the top and had cash available for some of the screaming bargains I might have been $120k richer by now. But actively trading has never been my pattern and I was going out of contact to dive in the Coral Sea, so I decided to ride it out. As of this moment (well few minutes anyway) my "real" portfolio has the same companies as the "pick'', and is down 4.5% on my peak daily close.

And I got to swim right up to a small (1.6m) barracuda as it lay motionless and dreamy with its mouth and gills open while small fish swam in and out cleaning its very impressive teeth.

Latest placings out now, and weekly commentary, to Apr 24th: https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks.
    Sorry for missing last week - thought I had published something, obviously I didn't!

Just a quick check, is anyone aware of any rights (entitlement) offers out there at the moment? I'm aware of VGL, KMD, PYS and MOA...have I missed any?
    TRU and AIA look like straight 'share purchase plans' to me (ie, no rights).
    Purpose is to get rights offers in the game calculations correctly!

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Just a quick check, is anyone aware of any rights (entitlement) offers out there at the moment? I'm aware of VGL, KMD, PYS and MOA...have I missed any?
    TRU and AIA look like straight 'share purchase plans' to me (ie, no rights).
    Purpose is to get rights offers in the game calculations correctly!
    I don't hold TRU or AIA. Nor have I selected them in the competition, so I have no direct interest in getting these calculations right. However, IIRC the AIA shares offered to small shareholders and any oversubscriptions were going to be scaled in accordance with existing shareholdings. So this looks like a rights issue in all but name to me, and it should be accounted for as such, IMO.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-05-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    ...But actively trading has never been my pattern and I was going out of contact to dive in the Coral Sea, so I decided to ride it out...

And I got to swim right up to a small (1.6m) barracuda as it lay motionless and dreamy with its mouth and gills open while small fish swam in and out cleaning its very impressive teeth...
    Compelled to reply, though off topic.

A lifetime great experience Davflaws you had with the barracuda.
    Nearest I have been diving to the Coral Sea is on the Barrier Reef from Port Douglas.

When I was in Moorea, Cooks Bay, Tahiti entrance, diving with the French skipper of a Beneteau 32, we were joined by a dozen or so big Barracuda who circled us a few times. The skipper called then in at about 30 feet with squeaking noises.

A priceless lifetime experience ...

learning to see in the dark

Hey. Sylvester Cat.... hate to moan but.... is another update coming sometime soon? Or have I missed the post setting expectations? Love your work, just hoping to see more of it