sharetrader
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Hi all...well, here are the first set of results for 2020. I've also cleaned up the website, to put the commentary on the front page and make it easier to see how the "Sharetrader Top5" is going. Last, I've validated the closing prices on Dec 31st 2019, to make sure we have the same start point - there were some changes to the Smartshare ETF prices - obviously, the NZX was a bit remiss in sending a Dec 31st update to its customers! This also will have had some minor impact on the 2019 results, although nothing impacting the top 5. I've put the finalised 2019 results on the website as well.

Here is the link to the results and commentary website (results are available now):
    https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks/

And here is the weekly commentary and results to Jan 10th...

As you'd expect, its too early in the year to make any serious assessment for the 2020 results so far. The best performing share in the 10 days so far is New Talisman (NTL) - of clear benefit to the 7 people who picked it! There's probably nothing specific driving the NTL movement, although anticipation is building for the next quarterly announcements due in early February. Other strong shares this week included NZ Oil and Gas (NZO), Michael Hill (MHJ) with expected strong Christmas trading and AFT Pharmaceuticals (AFT).Top of the entrants so far is Paint it Black, thanks to NTL and a solid week by Mercury (MCY) driving a 4.2% weekly return. But there's a long way to go...
    Username Pick 1 Pick 2 Pick 3 Pick 4 Pick 5 Opening Investment Closing Investment add Dividends add Rights Issue TOTAL $ RETURN TOTAL %AGE TOTAL Annualised %age Rank
    Paint it Black NTL MEL PCT MCY NZX $10,000 $10,425 $0 $0 $425 4.2% 155.1% 1
    Brain NTL PLX BLT QEX WDT $10,000 $10,402 $0 $0 $402 4.0% 173.5% 2
    Airedale NZO WBC TLS SPK SKT $10,000 $10,392 $0 $0 $392 3.9% 142.9% 3
    Bigbob NTL ARB PEB WDT ATM $10,000 $10,342 $0 $0 $342 3.4% 151.5% 4
    tango AFT TRU TLT ARV ATM $10,000 $10,296 $0 $0 $296 3.0% 118.5% 5
    Last edited by Oliver Mander; 18-01-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Whoops, looks like missed the boat....
    Sideshow...get them to me now (just message via sharetrader or post on the thread). Will get you in next week. Will probably make your opening prices the 17th though, but that would still make sure you're in!

One last thing...a little blog on my LinkedIn profile. Might be interesting
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nz-sh...oliver-mander/

Nice read. Thank you really enjoyed it and reaffirmed my picks plus more 😁

Hi all - results for the week ended Jan 17th are available - click here to have a read!
    https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks

Thanks Sylvester, for the lovely new site, excellent.

Cheers

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Hi all - results for the week ended Jan 17th are available - click here to have a read!
    https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks
    Just the top five results so far right? I can't see any links on that page that don't link back to the same home page. So if you are outside the top five, wait until the cat gets back from his holidays?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Just the top five results so far right? I can't see any links on that page that don't link back to the same home page. So if you are outside the top five, wait until the cat gets back from his holidays?

SNOOPY
    Snoopy, if you head for the "Overall Results" section from the menu on that website (on the side), you should get to the overall listing. If you're on a phone or tablet, it might be that the menu is hidden behind a 'hamburger' - just click on the 3 horizontal lines and the menu will appear.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Snoopy, if you head for the "Overall Results" section from the menu on that website (on the side), you should get to the overall listing. If you're on a phone or tablet, it might be that the menu is hidden behind a 'hamburger' - just click on the 3 horizontal lines and the menu will appear.
    Ah OK, I clicked the 'hamburger', the thing tipped on its side and spilled the menu. It was a bit disappointing that as a fast food fan (from an investment not an eating perspective) I couldn't figure that out. I hope I didn't make too much of a mess on your pristine website, with the sauce and onion falling out, when I spilled that burger. I got a shock to see that I was in 13th place with my boring income focussed portfolio. Is being in 13th place lucky this early on?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

........gr8 effort Cat. I wont be surprised if I actually win this thing BTW......just got that special feeling this year with things lining up.
    Have a Gr8day.