sharetrader
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Some predictions
    2020 budget will deliver a helicopter rebate drop of money to every individual tax payer between $500-$700.
    Blis Technologies will be the star performer on the NZX .
    TOWER will be taken over.
    Port Otago will announce plans for IPO
    UK Pound will makes significant gains on Forex market
    Scottish Government will announce it intends to proceed with Independence referendum despite British government refusal to authorize
    A scandal will arise concerning an New Zealand MP who will go to a certain overseas country and not return.
    BLT making a bit of a move today at 5.1 and already up over 200% from a 52 week low of 1.6. I hope the Sarge's "star performer" prediction for 2020 comes true - another 200%+ gain or more for next year will be a fantastic outcome.

Some predictions
    Probably right and about par for the course for the NZX. Just as a business is turning around and has years of steady growth in front of it. Someone could offer 30% more and long suffering shareholders will jump at it. Any guess who might be interested?

Alternatively, I predict Tower pays a 1 cent dividend and attracts more interest.

Some predictions
    2020 budget will deliver a helicopter rebate drop of money to every individual tax payer between $500-$700.
    Blis Technologies will be the star performer on the NZX .
    Port Otago will announce plans for IPO
    UK Pound will makes significant gains on Forex market
    Scottish Government will announce it intends to proceed with Independence referendum despite British government refusal to authorize
    A scandal will arise concerning an New Zealand MP who will go to a certain overseas country and not return.
    A little bit spooky, you might know something overs don't right now. Perhaps a national MP in China?

i will probably over eat during the xmas period
    one step ahead of the herd

With Reserve Bank requiring higher capital ratios ANZ will announce partial share float in New Zealand.
    Winston Peters will step down as NZ First leader in July
    ACT will rise to 3% prior to the election
    NZ General election will be held in August.
    Tiwai Point smelter will stay open
    Dunedin residential property will have the highest growth rate in NZ
    NZ Navy will announce procurement plan for two ice breaker Naval vessels which will be based at Port Chalmers Dunedin
    Donald Trump will easily win in November Presidential election
    Democrats will capture both House of Representatives and the Senate

Any companyin denial of climate change or affected by it in a major way will decrease in value. Labour will win. A lot of cash will be released so the local economy will do well. Oil and gas Cos as well as those using coal will do badly . Stay away from FBU,Fonterra,and Genesis ,contact. Buy meridian, Mercury. Top pick is IFT as they are very well positioned for the changes coming.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...ng-into-a-boom

Concurs with my own view that we have nothing to fear but fear itself when investing in 2020.

Nice guy on CNBC this morning said if you take out the top 10 stocks of the S&P 500 according to their research the rest of the S&P is trading on just 16.5 times FY20 earnings. I would think a similar approach on the NZX50 would get you a somewhat higher figure. I think the US is very cheap for 10 year Govt stock at 1.9% and we are simply fair value.

A more benign trade environment and central bank support should be very supportive for world markets which should be supportive for our market but I think one has to stock pick very carefully because our index has had a huge year.

A decent amount of international diversification makes a lot of common sense to me going into the next decade after our market has run so hard and is trading at historically elevated level's. I use Barramundi and Marlin which takes care of FIF compliance and taxes for me and gives me a fabulous net PIE yield of 8%. I am expecting a huge year for the US markets in 2020.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-12-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

A2 will continue to be a volatile stock and I wouldn't have it any other way. PS-It will hit $18 dollars plus in 2020.

Sam Stubbs from Simplicity thinks we are well set for a boom 2020s

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...ng-into-a-boom