sharetrader

Default Cheapest way to trade ASX in NZ

I currently use ASB securities for NZX stocks, but trading ASX on asb securities is atrocious. The exchange rate fee is easily 200-300$ on most trades not including the cut you get from the fx itself.. in addition to 100$ loss from the buy and sell.

How does everyone here avoid all these painful fees?

Thanks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I currently use ASB securities for NZX stocks, but trading ASX on asb securities is atrocious. The exchange rate fee is easily 200-300$ on most trades not including the cut you get from the fx itself.. in addition to 100$ loss from the buy and sell.

How does everyone here avoid all these painful fees?

Thanks
    Set up an AUD account as part of your setup with ASB so the funds will come and go out of this account so you will avoid the exchange rate rip off .

Advanced Member

Yeah it so simple, have always found ASB to be excellent. Most trades will be 30$ commission
    Probably not the cheapest, but there is no reason to be paying any exchange rate fee.

I use ASB securities and for decent size trades 10k+ AUD find them pretty expensive at .30% of trade value Vs My ANZ share investing account which only charges .11% over $28k so much less under as well .. last year ANZ gave me 10x free trades

more details here on ANZ trade fees .. much better rates if your trading shares often .. Only got my ASB as I use to hold some NZX shares years ago
    https://www.anz.com.au/personal/inve...rt/rates-fees/
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Used to use ASB for the ASX.

But these days I use Interactive Brokers: $6 or 0.08% brokerage per trade, whichever is the greater.
    Also a minimum US$10 (~AU$15), I think, monthly fee which gets offset against brokerage.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

only 30 + hours to get your 2020 picks in .... about ONE DAY
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien