sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Happy 2020 to all!!! Live long and prosper for this new decade too

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Happy 2020 to all!!! Live long and prosper for this new decade too
    The new decade starts when this one ends - on the 31st of December, this year, 2020.

That should start this year off with a bang!

Advanced Member

Just want to add my best wishes to everyone for the New Year & appreciation for all the posts, esp some of the great analysis & insight, but also the humorous & flippant.
    Special call out for Beagle for sharing such in depth analysis, always highly interesting & informative.
    The last few years been a fantastic ride, lets hope it continues.
    Wishing everyone a v happy & healthy 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The new decade starts when this one ends - on the 31st of December, this year, 2020.

That should start this year off with a bang!
    My dear fungus pudding, better review your concept of digits too as you got it wrong. And may all your investments (mostly on properties, if I remembered it right) prosper on this new decade that started just past midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar K9 View Post
    Nice one Aquaman, my thoughts exactly. Some good, humorous, informed banter here to supplement one's own research and general learning, whether you ultimately take it or leave it. A lot better spirited than some of the stuff on hot copper for sure. A prosperous 2020, hopefully not too scary, to you all. Cheers.
    Welcome to the forum Lunar K9 and smiley
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-01-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    My dear fungus pudding, better review your concept of digits too as you got it wrong. And may all your investments (mostly on properties, if I remembered it right) prosper on this new decade that started just past midnight.
    I most certainly did not get it wrong. Of course a decade ends after year 10 full years. Not at the beginning. There is no year nought, so 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 are the years, or the 3651 or 3652 days, of a decade, (normally every 4th years has 366 days, except every 400th year only has 365 days). However the majority of countries chose to celebrate decades and the millennium with years ending in nought - supposedly for convenience and common practise of referring to decades as 'the thirties', 'the fifties' etc. AFAIK the only country that refused to do-so, and stick to the correct labels, is Cuba. The rest of us jump the gun. https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/02/w...will-wait.html
    The way we name decades is, strictly speaking, incorrect, although many would argue it is sensible or practical. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-beginning-of/

You are correct about property shares. I am simply a collector. I do not trade, or own anything else other than direct investment in commercial property, because it all looks too hard and/or risky to me. I like LPTs because of the simplicity and the tax advantage. My philosophy is to collect up things which increase my income, and keep them, adding more as I go (the exception was, as soon as I was out of my training nappies, was to dump all residential property.) I make no claims about the benefits of this - other than to say I have built a very healthy income over the years.
    Have good new year, or as others (possibly those who do not understand what a decade is) say 'have a good new years'.

Never argue or disagree with the Fungus!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Brovendell View Post
    Never argue or disagree with the Fungus!!

Extremely good advice.