sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

I dont worry much about % increases and I only judge how well I have done at the end of the actual financial year where I add together all taxable trading profits/dividends and actual increase in capital that I can see on my portfolio. It's all about enjoyment/challenge and fun to me and that's why my trading profit or lack of it means more than % increases on any given share.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Was the year of "The Percy".?
    Not a year's but the difference between our Craigs' holding reports of 26/02/2019 and 29/11/2019 was 47.69%.
    Was most probably over 50% as at the start of the year PAZ was 9.6 cents and finished at 28 cents while Craigs' report 26/02/2019 had PAZ at 11 cents and their report 29/11/2019 had them at 25 cents.
    At the start of the year HGH was our largest holding,followed by TRA and a distant third was PAZ.At the end of the year PAZ is now our largest holding and is over twice our HGH holding.!!
    The bonus was the increase in our dividend income.
    2020 should be an interesting year,and will be again driven by PAZ .
    Go PAZ , imho one of N Z's shining shares for this year !
    Last edited by whatsup; 01-01-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Biggest wins came from doing short plays with a couple of stocks this year

PLX - 500%
    BLT - 105%
    IKE - 40%
    A2M - 30%

Questionable if the top two have run their peak for a while haha
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 01-01-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Guru

I am pleased with my portfolio returning 42.80% for the 2019 calendar year, the biggest gain for me being 574.46% for ZNO listed on the ASX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    NZX50 was up 30.4% across 2019, which I outperformed comfortably.

How did you entire portfolio do?
    I guesstimate about 55%. All long term holdings across ASX/NZX with no changes in portfolio except reinvesting dividends and one company takeover. Best was DTL up 143% for the year, and 314% since buying in 2012.

In absolute terms up 600k, so am very pleased with 2019
    Last edited by lissica; 01-01-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Just a thought, I can't help wondering after such a great year and at the start of a new decade whether its time to ask, is there some new worthy cause I can support to make a difference for the better ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5xjlTZuJw Enjoy and perhaps if you're feeling as well fed and fat from abudence as those wood pigeons I posted a link for earlier, maybe give it some thought...

If you're bereft of idea's what about this one as a starter for thought, let a child choose you as their sponsor https://www.worldvision.org.nz/?utm_...ELXA&gclsrc=ds $50 a month less tax credit is just $33.50 a month net, to make a difference.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-01-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just a thought, I can't help wondering after such a great year and at the start of a new decade whether its time to ask, is there some new worthy cause I can support to make a difference for the better ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5xjlTZuJw Enjoy and perhaps if you're feeling as well fed and fat from abudence as those wood pigeons I posted a link for earlier, maybe give it some thought...

If you're bereft of idea's what about this one as a starter for thought, let a child choose you as their sponsor https://www.worldvision.org.nz/?utm_...ELXA&gclsrc=ds $50 a month less tax credit is just $33.50 a month net, to make a difference.
    I would have thought, being a Beagle, your charitable instincts would lean towards the SPCA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuy-oOJCOoM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Speaking of which I've always had 3 World Vsion children at any one time for the last 25 odd years(Not the same ones so not sure how many different ones over that time) and feel prouder about that than material gains. PS-Ive left a large slice of my worldly gains to the SPCA as well as World Vision as I detest animal cruelty with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Speaking of which I've always had 3 World Vsion children at any one time for the last 25 odd years(Not the same ones so not sure how many different ones over that time) and feel prouder about that than material gains. PS-Ive left a large slice of my worldly gains to the SPCA as well as World Vision as I detest animal cruelty with a passion.
    I’ve only had 2 WV children -not as long as you but 20 years or so

They were 6 when we ‘adopted’ them - I thought it strange when we still getting school reports when they were both in their 20’s so asked WV. The guy got really grumpy with me so I cancelled the $100 odd monthly contribution.

No doubt they do good work ...but that guys attitude wasn’t good.

I’ve given heaps to Fred Hollows as seen first hand the good work they do.

SPCA gets lot of our money and effort as well

But we shouldn’t overlook local organisations that do heaps for the not so well off ....doesn’t have to be cash either as physical effort is often appreciated.
    Last edited by winner69; 03-01-2020 at 12:56 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

That's strange winner, I've never had that issue as once the community becomes self sufficient I always get allocated new children from a different community in need and have never had a school report beyond about 14 yrs old.