sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I guess my best performer for the calendar year would be AFT up over 60%. SUM AND HLG more around the 40%. Remember the falls in late 2018 allowed our calendar year gains for 2019 to look good.

I have an monthly A/P to donate to Cancer Society $25. And I give sporadically to particular disasters eg Vanuatu, Syria and Yemen through various organisations. We are so bloody lucky to be Kiwis.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Best performer for the 2019 year for me was BLT - up from it's 1.6 cent low to finish the year at 6.6 cents

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Fred Hollows for me,every $20 donation can restore someones eyesight, something that I did not know, is that almost all children born blind in the third world die before they are 2!! .
    WOW, that's quite an eye opener, excuse the pun.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    Best performer for the 2019 year for me was BLT - up from it's 1.6 cent low to finish the year at 6.6 cents
    You probably bought mine at 1.8. But got a few at 4, so all is not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    You probably bought mine at 1.8. But got a few at 4, so all is not lost.
    Unfortunately not - I also picked all mine up above 4 cents ages ago and then watched them spiral down to 1.6 cents and stagnate for ages. Have to say I'm very happy with their performance lately though.

Advanced Member

Thrilled with my largest holding FPH, which I don't think has been mentioned yet, up 70.2% for the year.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

PLX up 74% but was a double banger at one stage, PPH 64% and SKO 54% plus dear wee unlisted PAZ up 90%

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    PLX up 74% but was a double banger at one stage, PPH 64% and SKO 54% plus dear wee unlisted PAZ up 90%
    Did have and still do have some mutts .... PEB was one....MPG is another....and Vista has been a bit of a dog as well

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Did have and still do have some mutts .... PEB was one....MPG is another....and Vista has been a bit of a dog as well
    Possibly the Australian arm of MPG might have some opportunity to succeed in the aftermath of the bushfires - there will be a huge demand for glass during the rebuild phase - hopefully management seize this opportunity

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    Possibly the Australian arm of MPG might have some opportunity to succeed in the aftermath of the bushfires - there will be a huge demand for glass during the rebuild phase - hopefully management seize this opportunity
    Maybe their rebuild should involve more underground dwellings - as more of Australia becomes outback.