sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK, apparently you can’t transfer funds between two Direct Call accounts - which is what I was trying to do. Makes no sense to me as other banks I’ve had similar accounts with, have never had a problem with it. I think their personal banking service has some major room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Their website is frustrating and awful.
    Not a easy website to get around, rather bloody annoying. But...……….. Rabobank is even worse, having to use their Digipass to logon is the most stupid logon idea of any bank.

I disagree. It adds an extra layer of security. ASB has a similar device - you don’t have to use it to log in, but you do use it to confirm certain transactions. It is, however, optional.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Not a easy website to get around, rather bloody annoying. But...……….. Rabobank is even worse, having to use their Digipass to logon is the most stupid logon idea of any bank.

Rabo bank's is annoying, Yes I know it is an extra layer of security, could just change to an txt with a code like ASB does, instead of having to push button a enter a code then push button 2 enter another code etc. all this after you have entered you logon details including password

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    OK, apparently you can’t transfer funds between two Direct Call accounts - which is what I was trying to do. Makes no sense to me as other banks I’ve had similar accounts with, have never had a problem with it. I think their personal banking service has some major room for improvement.
    From memory, with the direct call accounts you have to allocate a single account (Internal or external) to withdraw or deposit from, you wont be able to do it from multiple.

yes you need an external nominated account in order to transfer initial funds across to Heartland. But I haven’t seen any mention of an internal nominated account.

I even had issues opening my second direct call account. They wanted to know why I wanted to open another one. I thought that was particularly odd, but explained that I wanted to use multiple accounts for specific savings goals. I assume if I ever want to open a third direct call account, I will undergo the same inquisition. Do they want my money or not? Why limit people like this, rather than encourage them to deposit more money with them? I am a happy investor (so far) but not overly impressed with their personal banking, other than their “better than everyone else” deposit rates.

Quote Originally Posted by 676767 View Post
    From memory, with the direct call accounts you have to allocate a single account (Internal or external) to withdraw or deposit from, you wont be able to do it from multiple.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I disagree. It adds an extra layer of security. ASB has a similar device - you don’t have to use it to log in, but you do use it to confirm certain transactions. It is, however, optional.
    Hi Justakiwi, you say the Dickipass for Rabobank is optional, how do I do transaction without this device.

NO, the ASB one is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Hi Justakiwi, you say the Dickipass for Rabobank is optional, how do I do transaction without this device.