Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
I have absolutely nothing against immigrants per se, indeed some of my best friends have spoken to one.

For a large portion of my life I have been and currently I am an immigrant.
I think it great to go live in another country and culture and learn from that experience, enjoy the diversity and open you mind up to new perspectives and approaches.

I have a lot against posters who continually spout the same narrow minded ill informed drivel day after day after day ad infinitum.
So you would want "certain types" of immigrants (those that opine drivel ad infinitum) to go back home? Or am I reading that wrong too :P

This is an open forum, SBQ can say what he likes, you do not have to read it or even respond. The world is very simple in that regard. He does make interesting points about the tax situation in NZ that it is not conducive to equity investments compared to other jurisdictions.

To be fair in my humble opinion, 1987 was the worst thing that could have happened to NZ. Thankfully we now have the likes of sharesies allowing all and sundry to participate in our capital markets. I just hope the timing is not off and another generation of investors are turned away.