Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
To be honest, I hadn’t even heard of them until recently when there was discussion about them on the Sharesies Share Club and the NZX stock Market Investors, Facebook groups. I then saw the discussion here. I had no clue what they were about so spent some time looking over their website, read all the info I could find there, and pretty much typed BLT into Google and read everything that came up. I also emailed them to ask if I there was somewhere I could access/read their published research. They sent me back a long bibliography list of everything that has been published. From there I had to manually search online to locate the full articles - bloody huge job I can tell you! So far I have only had time to find and read about three of them. I would have thought they might be much more easily accessed via the investor centre section of their website, but they told me they can’t provide them there for general (or even investor) access due to rules about promoting their products as “medicines” etc. Still not entirely sure I believe their explanation but have given them the benefit of the doubt.

Having done that research I feel they may be “onto something” with their products. I’m not necessarily someone who would be their customer, but I do know people are becoming much more interested in seeking out alternative products/probiotics, so I think there will definitely be a market for them, if they can be competitive price-wise. Funnily enough, I went to give one of our rest home residents a cuppa just the other day, and as I sat it on the tray of his walking frame for him, I noticed a sheet of tablets on the tray. I had a look to see what they were (we need to be aware if residents are taking any medications that we don’t know about) - and the first thing I saw was the word “BLIS” - such a coincidence but I thought it was really interesting as it shows that the general public is aware of the products. This fellow is 92, and his family obviously brought them for him. So the market is there and may well be wider than we might think, in terms of the age spread of users.

Anyway, I tried to talk myself out of it because speculative stock is not really a wise investment for someone like me, but hey .... you only live once and I think it’s worth a punt. Only 5000 shares so never going to make me a fortune, but if it makes me something long term I’ll be happy enough
One other thing to add. Its nice to see you do good homework and research. But market theory (taught at universities) states that there are millions of other investors doing exactly what you are doing (including some smarter ones than you) and that consensus of views is what forms the market price at any one time. So the best thing you can do is buy an index and save yourself all the hassle and time. The academic view is that you the individual investor cannot outperform the market index over a long period of time. Whether you subscribe to that theory or not is up to you, but if you look at fund managers world wide who are active investors you will find that half outperform the market, half underperform and once fees are taken out, most underperform.