Hello!

I've been lurking in the background reading about what you lot think of different companies listed on the NZX for over a year now. I'm very appreciative of everyone's inputs, the differing views and the wisdom from all of you, so thank you!

I have really enjoyed digging a little deeper into the companies and learning about the different businesses nz has to offer and figuring out what they all do.

I've dipped my toe starting to invest in the NZX. I begun with ETFs and now starting to get into individual stocks. Results have been good in my short exposure to the stock market.

However having recently read Benjamin Graham's 'the intelligent investor'. I have seriously had to rethink my portfolio and my exposure to risk. I understand there has been a huge tailwind and we are currently in the largest bull market in history.

Here is where I need some directing...

I'm not from a financial background and need some guidance in learn how to value stocks.

I've been lucky enough to have done a couple of 100 level accounting and finance papers as part of my Bachelor of Commerce Degree but I lack any real knowledge of how to find value in stocks. I open annual reports and start to read them but quickly get overwhelmed with the financials and how to interpret them and compare them to other companies. It's very hard to stay motivated and I don't seem to have a lot of direction.

I am wanting to get insight as I am still passionate into how you learnt to find value in stocks from a financial perspective. I understand its a long process and time and experience is the key.

Are there any:
-Clubs
-Courses
-Teachers
-Books/textbooks with examples
-YouTube channels

Is there anything that helped you accelerate your learning? More specifically your understanding financial statements, ratios, discounted cash flows etc etc.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Timinator