sharetrader

View Poll Results: Should companies make donations to causes like Australian Bushfire Fund

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 35.29%
  • NO

7 41.18%
  • UNDECIDED

4 23.53%

Default Should companies make donations

Should companies use shareholder cash to make cash donations to causes like the Australian Bushfire Fund?

I note Michael Hill is the latest to do so

If anything I think it better if they are going to be charitable then donate services or cash or some other tangible benefit rather than just cash.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

A very good and timely question mate. May I suggest we debate it here in the off market section which includes a poll. https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...pany-Donations
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Beagle was quick of the mark and set the poll up for me before I sussed how to do it ....and now can’t delete it

SO SO SORRY

But you can vote in both if interested
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Can argue it both ways - shareholders money vs being alturistic and all the other reasons companies donate money or goods.

As long as they have a stated, clear and available company policy that sets out their position. Although alot of the situiations are unforeseen.....