sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks everyone. I am now a Sharesight subscriber. Anyone know how to see daily share price change? I can see value change but not share price

Thanks for the help - it was operator error. I was looking for NZ under N rather than at the top of the list - duh.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    I assume that you are missing something, my portfolios are all NZ Residency and the process is described here - https://help.sharesight.com/nz/add_portfolio/. I have been a ShareSight user since 2010 and think that it is well worth the cost.

Hey team. Needing some advice. I am wanting a way to track my portfolio. I signed up for Sharesight a long time ago, not long after it first came on the market. IMO at that time it was not all that great. So I get rid of it. I am back in the market for something, and I see on this thread there are a lot of quite positive opinions about Sharesight. I am guessing they have greatly improved the software since I last took a look at it, but I would be very interested in people's opinions, positive and negative, and whether there are any other options around. I am increasing the number of trades I do and am trading more and more Ozzie stocks. Thanks in advance.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Hey team. Needing some advice. I am wanting a way to track my portfolio. I signed up for Sharesight a long time ago, not long after it first came on the market. IMO at that time it was not all that great. So I get rid of it. I am back in the market for something, and I see on this thread there are a lot of quite positive opinions about Sharesight. I am guessing they have greatly improved the software since I last took a look at it, but I would be very interested in people's opinions, positive and negative, and whether there are any other options around. I am increasing the number of trades I do and am trading more and more Ozzie stocks. Thanks in advance.
    I use yahoo finance/my portfolio/multiple portfolios to track my shares.
    Like you I signed up for Sharesight but don't use anymore.It is free for loading up 10 shares now?Advantage of supplying dividend history for tax.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    I use yahoo finance/my portfolio/multiple portfolios to track my shares.
    Like you I signed up for Sharesight but don't use anymore.It is free for loading up 10 shares now?Advantage of supplying dividend history for tax.
    So far I don’t want to PAY for a portfolio manager.
    So currently I use Direct Broking for my NZ/Aust stocks....around 35 of them.
    And to get around the many shortcomings of DB....I also mirror everything in Yahoo Finance. While good for presentation of current information, Yahoo is useless for transactional data...particularly selling a stock and tracking cash and commissions. Google Finance, now discontinued, was better in that respect. I am hoping that when DB update their software, long promised, that it will be much better. IMO it is currently a dog.
    PS I am retired, so have time to do things somewhat manually.
    Last edited by RTM; 05-07-2020 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Addition

Guru

Same same RTM
    Manually easy as only have 3 stocks

Membaa

Sharesight is a terrific app, for a measly couple of hundred bucks per annum your whole portfolio trades, management, dividends, splits, consolidations, cash position and reporting are all taken care of. Stuff the spreadsheets and countless hours of data entry and analysis, I’m well over that!

A few negatives for sharesight, I have it and live overseas and pay non resident tax on dividends. Sharesight will tax my divis at NZ rate as my portfolio is predominantly NZX, if i use the country I work in as my country of origin when registering, the portfolio will automatically use that currency for tracking stocks and I don't have a choice in this. 80%of my stocks are NZX.... Therefore its a pain in the butt as currency swings day to day and id rather just have my NZX holdings reported in NZ dollars as that's what I buy them with. As the portfolio is set to NZ dollars I now have to manually adjust every dividend payment to the 10.5% non resident withholding tax. This defeats the purpose of paying someone to maintain and track your portfolio. Also they miss a lot of dividend payments or sometime add double. Expat first world problems know, but i wouldn't use it again if overseas and on different NZ tax rate. these issues should be an easy fix and in 3 years they haven't fixed it. Hello sharesight?

Guru

To clarify
    Sharesight free if less than 10 shares but not entirely accurate
    Yahoo Finance free but doesn't track dividends.Tax easy if there are few entities to report.
    Link provide an end of year tax report by instant download and emailed to you or your financial advisor.Corleone:you need to update your tax elections with LINK Purchase tax report by Credit Card or Direct Credit for only $51.75 per tax period.

Guru

To clarify
    Sharesight free if less than 10 shares but not entirely accurate
    Yahoo Finance free but doesn't track dividends.Tax easy if there are few entities to report.
    Link provide an end of year tax report by instant download and emailed to you or your financial advisor.Corleone:you need to update your tax elections with LINK Purchase tax report by Credit Card or Direct Credit for only $51.75 per tax period.
    Update your personal details and email address across multiple holdings (even if you have a joint or corporate holding)
    Access your payment details including distribution statements
    View and print taxation payment details
    Update your tax elections
    View and print Balance & Transaction history
    Update Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) elections
    Create a portfolio with all your New Zealand and Australian holdings
    Vote online