sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just for fun

That's a pretty cool investment. Impressive product line. What are the shares worth in NZ$ out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    One of my big punts in the last couple of years has been is OSSR on the Copenhagen stock exchange and I'd probably put it there :-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96ssur
    http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com/aktie...N=IS0000000040

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Zurich Kantonal Bank Palladium ETF, Switzerland, in CHF (ZPAL.SW), possibly tomorrow.

Guru

For real & for fun IFT

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

One of my big punts in the last couple of years has been is OSSR on the Copenhagen stock exchange and I'd probably put it there :-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96ssur
    http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com/aktie...N=IS0000000040
    Thank you for the idea. Does the DKK/NZD exchange rate support it?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Thanks! Really interesting info ....

So what would the rest of you buy with your free $10,000?
    It depends whether you are an investor or a trader. I am an investor and only buy things that will increase my income, (not limited to shares) and almost never sell; just keep stacking up income. So for me I would put it into Listed Property Trusts. I do not own any other shares. One advantage is they are PIES so a decent saving in tax for a start. I'm not saying it's necessarily the best way, but stacking income is easy and has worked for me over a very long period of time - mainly houses, then commercial property and now for simplicity LPTs, One more point - it shouldn't make any difference if the $10,000 was 'free', whatever that means. Probably means it was a gift, or similar. Money is money and if you think of it as 'free' you are likely to fall into the 'easy come- easy go' trap.

That’s a very good point. Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It depends whether you are an investor or a trader. I am an investor and only buy things that will increase my income, (not limited to shares) and almost never sell; just keep stacking up income. So for me I would put it into Listed Property Trusts. I do not own any other shares. One advantage is they are PIES so a decent saving in tax for a start. I'm not saying it's necessarily the best way, but stacking income is easy and has worked for me over a very long period of time - mainly houses, then commercial property and now for simplicity LPTs, One more point - it shouldn't make any difference if the $10,000 was 'free', whatever that means. Probably means it was a gift, or similar. Money is money and if you think of it as 'free' you are likely to fall into the 'easy come- easy go' trap.

IMO

Ive been offered a $US cash management account paying 1%. Am considering it as a safe haven in case things get worse and our exchange drops due to our commodity exposure to china..

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ive been offered a $US cash management account paying 1%. Am considering it as a safe haven in case things get worse and our exchange drops due to our commodity exposure to china..
    Do you mind sharing which institution with ?

Do you mind sharing which institution with ?
    I would also be interested to know which bank is paying 1% on cash USD deposits?