Well what do you think about the new recent phenomenon of very small, even extremely small share parcel buys and sells on NZX? Personally I find it to be a pain in the admin a$$.

Today I did a test with a couple of limit buys on two companies for $5000 each in the market. Both limit buys were purposely positioned just one cent under the ask so that I was first in the bid queue.

One of them finally took up my buy offer after 5 trades over 4 hours, of which two buys were under $10 and three just over $1000

The other company which is currently somewhat illiquid only bought 1/4 of my bid, 6 buys, one around $25, two under $150, one about $250 and the other $500 - $650. 3/4 of the bid remains on market.

Both of these shares (on Stockness) also shows trades of $2 during the day, somehow I avoided those but I don't know how that could be as I was the highest bidder.

I'm assuming I avoided the BOTS somehow but the trades are from Sharsies? Like who would buy a few $100 worth of shares, or even less a $10 buy if they paid ASB Sec or DB a $29-30 trade fee .. no one.

So I ended up with 11 trades 7 were under $500. Whats this all about? Bloody annoying, imagine someone who had a few $10's of thousand for buy/sale or worse a $100+k buy/sell, they have transactions coming out their wazzooo!!