sharetrader
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Intense trading tests systems and highlights certain faults which require quick human intervention so no phone equals an unworkable system for me unless its a perfect one which I'm yet to discover.
    I go further than that. I now won't deal with a company in any industry unless I can go in and 'thump the desk' if necessary. It is all very well going 'on line' or dealing by telephone. But what happens if there is a disagreement in policy? This happened to me a few years ago with travel insurance. My claim got turned down on the phone, but I asked to see the fine detail of the policy. Sure enough my claim was legitimate and I eventually got paid out. However on my initial phone call the insurance company was very forceful in stating I was not covered. Whether I just got an over zealous person on the telephone trying to protect shareholders interests I will never know. But the whole incident brought home to me that sometimes those cheap internet deals are no so cheap when circumstances become contentious!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 30-01-2020 at 02:30 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Why only one when you can have two? I now have two brokers: ASB Securities for buy and long term hold and Sharesies for frequent trading.

I found this link very usual for comparing Sharesies, ASB and Direct Broking...

https://moneykingnz.com/buying-share...irect-broking/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Why only one when you can have two? I now have two brokers: ASB Securities for buy and long term hold and Sharesies for frequent trading.

I found this link very usual for comparing Sharesies, ASB and Direct Broking...

https://moneykingnz.com/buying-share...irect-broking/
    How can you use Sharesies for frequent trading when they dont provide a live depth chart, the depth chart is like blood in your veins for a serious trader.

How can you use Sharesies for frequent trading when they dont provide a live depth chart, the depth chart is like blood in your veins for a serious trader.
    Probably uses the depth chart from ASB then trades using Sharesies - I do the same thing with IB for Aus stocks

Correct, I use the ASB depth chart for live quotes, or just buy at the very start of the day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dagdaniel1 View Post
    Probably uses the depth chart from ASB then trades using Sharesies - I do the same thing with IB for Aus stocks
    The other problem is with Sharesies is that the shares are held in Trust, you dont own them directly, I wonder how that works for quick buy and sell orders of the same shares?

They seem to take a while to process, as I am currently hoovering up very small parcels on a buying order.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    They seem to take a while to process, as I am currently hoovering up very small parcels on a buying order.
    Yes I doubt they would cope with my volume and frequency, besides their rates are not cheaper than what I get now.

Guru

Yes I doubt they would cope with my volume and frequency, besides their rates are not cheaper than what I get now.
    They would totally cope with your volume and frequency. It is a fully automated system and orders go straight through to the NZX. So no intermediary having to verify your order and place it with the NZX. when you push "buy" (or sell) it instantly hits the NZX system.

Its what traditional brokers (internet ones) have been talking about for ages (straight through processing) but has till now not eventuated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    They would totally cope with your volume and frequency. It is a fully automated system and orders go straight through to the NZX. So no intermediary having to verify your order and place it with the NZX. when you push "buy" (or sell) it instantly hits the NZX system.

Its what traditional brokers (internet ones) have been talking about for ages (straight through processing) but has till now not eventuated.
    Thanks for that, do they offer interest on money sitting in your trading account?