sharetrader
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
Results 1,261 to 1,266 of 1266

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Lack of Vitamin D may be more accurate, more and more studies showing a significant correlation between vitamin D levels and severity of disease
    Hence why winter is a bad time for it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...TVLEPUZ22HR54/

Iwi checkpoints to resume.

Good on the Maoris taking action to protect their people - can't trust this pathetic government & MOH to run proper quarantine facilities. let alone protect against community spread.

Guru

Lack of Vitamin D may be more accurate, more and more studies showing a significant correlation between vitamin D levels and severity of disease
    That would especially help explain issues for BAME people in the UK. Although ethnic Anglo-Saxon and Celtic British often have pale skin with low melanin to compensate for the high latitudes and cloudy weather. Other European countries would also suffer from poor sunlight levels in Winter months.

The corollary is that ethnic Brits and their descendants are prone to skin cancers when they move to NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That would especially help explain issues for BAME people in the UK. Although ethnic Anglo-Saxon and Celtic British often have pale skin with low melanin to compensate for the high latitudes and cloudy weather. Other European countries would also suffer from poor sunlight levels in Winter months.

The corollary is that ethnic Brits and their descendants are prone to skin cancers when they move to NZ.
    My Dr told me I was at less risk of skin cancer as I spent my first Thirty years in the northern hemisphere. According to her, most of the damage is done when you are young.

Vitamin D also diet related, so maybe that MP was right to highlight an unhealthy diet, although I am sure they do not all live on pork scratchings and pub chips. In theory it should be even worse in places like Norway that hardly see any sun, but maybe they have adapted and produce more vit D, who knows.
    Last edited by ratkin; Yesterday at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I do not believe that we know how effective the tracer app is at getting infection under control .
    You're right, and I think the quote below exemplifies what the general public think using the app achieves:

"Yes! I don't know why people don't scan more often. I don't want to get sick."
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-...scanner-action

Translation: If I use the app, I'm safe.

The app is useful, but I do worry that the intent is not being communicated effectively or accurately.

Guru

My Dr told me I was at less risk of skin cancer as I spent my first Thirty years in the northern hemisphere. According to her, most of the damage is done when you are young.

Vitamin D also diet related, so maybe that MP was right to highlight an unhealthy diet, although I am sure they do not all live on pork scratchings and pub chips. In theory it should be even worse in places like Norway that hardly see any sun, but maybe they have adapted and produce more vit D, who knows.
    Just the poorer people live on chips and Mars bars - not those people who can afford a Mediterranean style diet thanks to the cheap just-in-time trade with the EU that the right wing government, to which this Brexiter minister belongs, has destroyed. So it is ironic if she is using poor British diet as a reason for their abysmal Covid stats.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 02:09 PM.