sharetrader
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Trying to get outta here

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    I thought futures were closed right now, open again around 10am our time Monday right?
    Yes indeed, Beagle is getting ahead of himself.PS-A nice correction would be just what the doctor ordered right now.

Trying to get outta here

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I Agree from experience that if there is a panic, if Chinese people do panic and one does buy up large, the majority follow suit.
    Theres only so much inventory that can be purchased over the short term and you cant buy what isn't there.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    I thought futures were closed right now, open again around 10am our time Monday right?
    ig have a pre open est of futures saying about a 200pt dow drop at the moment , but your right the real action on futures starts at 12 monday.

first death just been reported in shanghai.

im expecting aia and air to be biggest losers from this initially
    bull
    One step ahead of the herd

I honestly cannot believe you guys are doing this..please do some research..its no where near as catastrophic...and you guys are beginning to place bets already...f me..Thanks fish for a balanced post..in addition I understand that many folk in Gina...are gulping down non prescribed antibiotics in an attempt to..fend of..blah blah..it doesn't bode well..cheers
    Last edited by troyvdh; 26-01-2020 at 10:28 PM.

OMG ....the world is going to end....resident evil 5...collapse of share market ...sell..sell.sell.....

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    I honestly cannot believe you guys are doing this..please do some research..its no where near as catastrophic...and you guys are beginning to place bets already...f me..Thanks fish for a balanced post..in addition I understand that many folk in Gina...are gulping down non prescribed antibiotics in an attempt to..fend of..blah blah..it doesn't bode well..cheers
    Coronavirus R0 is much lower than measles but also need to take into account vaccination and natural immunity.

Legend

The head of China’s National Health Commission, Ma Xiaowei, warned on Sunday that people who carried the disease but did not show flu symptoms could still infect others. That would be a major difference between the new virus and SARS, a coronavirus that spread in China and around the world nearly two decades ago, killing 800 people

Mr. Zhou also said that five million people had left Wuhan before travel out of the city was restricted

The rate of the current epidemic is accelerating, he added, and is “likely to continue for some time

see its spreading to africa now and us has just reported another case and wuhan saying 1000 more people inflicted

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/w...ronavirus.html
    Last edited by bull....; 27-01-2020 at 06:49 AM.
    bull

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    it pays to act with prudence in events like this with your money. as the saying goes past performance doesnt guarantee future performance so apply that theory to past virus outbreaks.
    the severity of the outbreak will determine the stock market reaction and considering we are in a momentum driven highs at the moment prudence is more warranted
    bull

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    OMG ....the world is going to end....resident evil 5...collapse of share market ...sell..sell.sell.....
    At the rate of panic there won’t be any buyers ...maybe bots will survive lol

But be careful kingie if buying ....the shares you buy might be contagious
    Last edited by winner69; 27-01-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

When the market is feared and people are infected with fear....winner....then there will be a good chance to buy. Again...be carefull people...some posts are meant to create fear to benefit their own..as traders opportunities....

Advanced Member

Get ready for a tourist boom. Everyone will change their travel plans and head for the out of the way destinations.....New Zealand.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Get ready for a tourist boom. Everyone will change their travel plans and head for the out of the way destinations.....New Zealand.
    A desperate pump for your THL holding see weed ?. :-)))

Guru

OFF MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD please !!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    OFF MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD please !!
    I think the heading could be changed to 'Coronavirus - Likely Market Impact'

Certainly relevant to the market and some of stocks.

For example, seafood prices for lobsters/crayfishes are already plummeting due to cancellation of Lunar New Year celebrations and Queenstown is already starting to experience cancellations from China's decision to ban all overseas group tours.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I think the heading could be changed to 'Coronavirus - Likely Market Impact'

Certainly relevant to the market and some of stocks.

For example, seafood prices for lobsters/crayfishes are already plummeting due to cancellation of Lunar New Year celebrations and Queenstown is already starting to experience cancellations from China's decision to ban all overseas group tours.
    also princess ardern is awaiting confirmation from china they are cancelling all travel to nz and australia from china as reported on the weekend she says this morning on radio nz . this would be a big blow to nz gdp and travel related businesses
    bull

I see a plane load of passengers arrived from China on Friday night, all anxious & expecting to be screened for coronavirus at the airport on arrival and handed information on what to do if symptoms developed over the next days as much for their own safety as others. Apparently there was none.

Brilliant to see our protocols are working so well to protect NZ from the virus entering the country. Oh wait it was a Friday night & start of a long weekend & the weathers so damm nice but am sure they'll get on to it soon, no worries, she'll be right!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    off market discussion thread please !!
    what are these thread thingies?
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

Advanced Member

China building a hospital in 6 days. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51245156

Take 6 Years (at least) in NZ, with probably the same standard of construction......