sharetrader
Page 329 of 329 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329
Results 4,921 to 4,931 of 4931
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don't kid yourself, Dobby41. Take off your star dusted spectacles.

Mob rule was clearly in evidence - from the Black Power tangi in Dunedin to the protests across NZ.

Bring enough numbers and the police will back off.

But if you are a law abiding citizen and happened to exceed the speed limit (even unintentionally), try getting out of a traffic fine!
    The police in NZ have for quite a while been guilty of the low hanging fruit approach. It's not good, it's not consistent and it should not be what they are doing. They only have as much mandate as the public give them. By this approach they are increasingly getting the public off side and will wonder what has happened when the public finally turn or fail to support them.

As we've all seen, there's been predictions that house prices may drop up to 15% this year, but so far prices in most parts of the country are still at record highs. Currently looking at buying our first home but wondering if it would be wise to hold off for a while incase there is a significant drop?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...-covid-19.html
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...roperty-market

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Because it became clear to the Health advisors that NZ was heading for disaster by blindly following the US. That's why.
    Or because they were following their own course all along.
    Stay happy with your delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The police in NZ have for quite a while been guilty of the low hanging fruit approach. It's not good, it's not consistent and it should not be what they are doing. They only have as much mandate as the public give them. By this approach they are increasingly getting the public off side and will wonder what has happened when the public finally turn or fail to support them.
    One thing good which came out of the protests - it forced Comrade Cindy out into the open and she now has no excuse NOT to move to L1.

If she does not move to L1, she will have to enforce the quarantine on ALL the protestors because by implication, the risk of second wave outbreak must be very high and it must be controlled and strict enforcement applied.

Am going to enjoy the next few days myself watching the charade out there by the lady who brought you CGT & Kiwibuild!

and dont foget Twyford and his council dont lower rates....what a joke... im afraid labour still doesnt know what a market is.. if it wasnt for all the work the reserve bank has done on modelling crashes and work on plans to roll out models for banks i dont think the government would have known what to do. A bit like the amazing job our science community did to protect the community from a economy and society not set up to cope with anything out of the ordinary. I say stop spenidng your time whatching the TV and get your selfs prepared. My science friends at Universities do just that and were ready to join the testing and pooling all there resources from every corner of there labs... WHile the idiots what the box my friends prepare for the worst so that you can all live your lives..

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    and dont foget Twyford and his council dont lower rates....what a joke... im afraid labour still doesnt know what a market is.. if it wasnt for all the work the reserve bank has done on modelling crashes and work on plans to roll out models for banks i dont think the government would have known what to do. A bit like the amazing job our science community did to protect the community from a economy and society not set up to cope with anything out of the ordinary. I say stop spenidng your time whatching the TV and get your selfs prepared. My science friends at Universities do just that and were ready to join the testing and pooling all there resources from every corner of there labs... WHile the idiots what the box my friends prepare for the worst so that you can all live your lives..
    A very confusing post, I dont understand what you are talking about. What scientists? What work? Are you talking about NZ's health experts that advised the government on the pandemic response?

Quote Originally Posted by iroh View Post
    As we've all seen, there's been predictions that house prices may drop up to 15% this year, but so far prices in most parts of the country are still at record highs. Currently looking at buying our first home but wondering if it would be wise to hold off for a while incase there is a significant drop?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...-covid-19.html
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...roperty-market
    \

Its anyone's guess mate, but I believe house prices will fall in most areas of NZ over the next 12-24 months. I'd also be careful about the rhetoric coming out of the real estate sector, and listen a bit more closely to independent economists who will be less likely to be biased. I also think one May data point on housing prices is potentially very deceiving. I'd want to wait a few months before even beginning to look at the trend given everything that has gone on.

Good luck mate. I hope things work out for you.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RnT View Post
    A very confusing post, I dont understand what you are talking about. What scientists? What work? Are you talking about NZ's health experts that advised the government on the pandemic response?
    I agree that it is extremely confusing, but I think the chances of getting a decipherable reply are likely to be ignored or invoke a similarly gibberish reply.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I agree that it is extremely confusing, but I think the chances of getting a decipherable reply are likely to be ignored or invoke a similarly gibberish reply.
    There was a very good message in the post though, and that is be prepared for anything to turn to custard at any time, and plan ahead. Most on this site will already be doing just that. General populace not so much.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    There was a very good message in the post though, and that is be prepared for anything to turn to custard at any time, and plan ahead. Most on this site will already be doing just that. General populace not so much.
    How you managed to drag that meaning out of the message is amazing. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by iroh View Post
    As we've all seen, there's been predictions that house prices may drop up to 15% this year, but so far prices in most parts of the country are still at record highs. Currently looking at buying our first home but wondering if it would be wise to hold off for a while in case there is a significant drop? ...
    Depends on location, some will fall more than others. Probably! Meantime if you are buying to live in with interest rates low and possibly going a bit lower, I wouldn't be too worried about prices. 5 years time you've settled down, paid off a chunk of the mortgage and covid related price fluctuations will be ancient history.

Meantime, there will be some bargains around as potential buyers reassess their financial situation. (That would be downward.)

Could check out Kiwibuild homes - several hundred available to buy and a half decent offer could be acceptable as they are quite a serious embarrassment atm and they are underwritten by the taxpayer.