sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Times I've been to Queenstown post Corona (4x), been surprised how busy the supermarket, shops and centre of town has been. Not sure where everyone comes from, but certainly a decent-sized queue for handouts at the supermarket.

Friend was out on the tiles weekend before last and said it was heaving......

Still those construction projects to be completed etc, so interesting to see what happens when they finish, and job subsidy rolls off. A lot of the tradies commute in from Cromwell - so this would be hit. And if you bought a property in Kingston - well that's your own fault.
    Indeed, and after wandering around again last night I will revise my enthusiasm somewhat. About every fifth restaurant was not open, so that probably artificially inflates the others. Will be very interesting to see what happens when the subsidies stop...

Advanced Member

One of ours works min wage in a daytime café in Wellington CBD. Mainly public service clients. Back to full hours this week.

My city-based tenants have cut back to Tues-Sunday and reduced their hours. They're sliding back to around 60% of normal. Their colleagues report a similar situation, whereby the initial burst of post-lockdown euphoria has given way to a more somber mood. Redundancies at the firms of my clients are starting to take place, and these are all outside the tourism and hospitality sector.

IMO

And this weather takes alot of people inward and down on top of that.Sun, vitamin D , melatonin outside exercise is what i need.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12343394

Qtn getting funding from our leader with the limitless creditcard
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu