sharetrader
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's a derogatory term, and a derogatory comment. Are those who pull out of bidding at an auction once they don't think the price represents a bargain, bottom feeders. ....
    Only if you choose to take offence. Bottom feeders play a vital role in the ecosystem.

A good read on why house prices may not fall as much as many are predicting (and hoping?) :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...-as-you-expect

"These many factors will not prevent house prices on average from falling over the remainder of this year in the face of heightened job insecurity and income losses for so many business owners. But they will mitigate declines and set the scene for a 2021 recovery."

Dilettante

A new and different view emerging. Maybe Sweden got it right ! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ina-scientists

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A new and different view emerging. Maybe Sweden got it right ! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ina-scientists
    Countries need a well funded social welfare and health system to try what Sweden did. The British tried it and when you include the deaths in their rest homes (which their government had been excluding) they have the highest death rate in Europe - they are leaving their people to die in their beds. The Brits will be hoping a vaccine will save them from their shambolic response to Covid that had initially been based on herd immunity. It seems the senior adviser to the UK Conservative government likes to use the UK as a laboratory experiment both in relation to Brexit as well as Covid 19.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 29-04-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Countries need a well funded social welfare and health system to try what Sweden did. The British tried it and when you include the deaths in their rest homes (which their government had been excluding) they have the highest death rate in Europe - they are leaving their people to die in their beds. The Brits will be hoping a vaccine will save them from their shambolic response to Covid that had initially been based on herd immunity. It seems the senior adviser to the UK Conservative government likes to use the UK as a laboratory experiment both in relation to Brexit as well as Covid 19.
    There are suggestions that COVID was widespread in the Uk as far back as January without them having any idea about it and being far too late to react once they realised it. Here is an interesting interview with a genetics expert that has probably done more studies into the virus than most https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...xpert-11979580

Advanced Member

Think the market will head south, was well overheated nationally. And if you are a real estate agent stop telling me that my house is my biggest asset - its not!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Think the market will head south, was well overheated nationally. And if you are a real estate agent stop telling me that my house is my biggest asset - its not!
    Neither it should be, assuming you are over 45 y.o. or thereabouts.

Dilettante

Neither it should be, assuming you are over 45 y.o. or thereabouts.
    I´m obviously doing it wrong then FP. I´m over 45 yo and my house is my biggest single asset in a diversified portfolio. I assume most people are in the same situation. But I may be wrong about that but it certainly applies to most of my friends similar age !

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I´m obviously doing it wrong then FP. I´m over 45 yo and my house is my biggest single asset in a diversified portfolio. I assume most people are in the same situation. But I may be wrong about that but it certainly applies to most of my friends similar age !
    I admit that was a wild generalisation on my part, although I am quite sure a high percentage on this site would meet that criteria. There's quite obviously a high number of long term investors posting here.

Advanced Member

I admit that was a wild generalisation on my part, although I am quite sure a high percentage on this site would meet that criteria. There's quite obviously a high number of long term investors posting here.

Meet that criteria over 45 - I see my mortgage free house as a comfortable roof over my head not an ATM either...