19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, millions will be infected

5 26.32%
  • No it will fizzle out

12 63.16%
  • Not sure

2 10.53%
    Guru

Default Will the coronavirus become a global pandemic?

thougt I would create a poll to gauge opinion

This is not about whether WHO will declare a pandemic, but whether there will be one on a massive scale.
    Last edited by ratkin; 19-02-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    thougt I would create a poll to gauge opinion

This is not about whether WHO will declare a pandemic, but whether there will be one on a massive scale.
    The seeds are sown for a pandemic and certainly looks likely but for me we still do not know if strict public health measures can stop it.China left it too late and took the wrong measures-so many contracted it in the Hospitals.To contain it people have to be isolated in their own homes for at least 14 days-possibly longer.Cruise ships have to have strategic plans to offload passengers to quarantine Islands.Public meetings banned .Flights reduced or stopped.
    I just cannot see people doing sufficient measures and stringent enforcement so I think probably yes-but I will not vote yet-still too early for me

老外

I will take the opposite position and bet it will fizzle out. You only need to see the planes with very few people in them and those that are there taking a tonne of precautions to realise that the Chinese government has done a pretty good job of containment. The start should have been better sure - the Wuhan local government here is mostly to blame for throwing their CNY celebrations which likely resulted in a mass local outbreak. Numbers in other countries are rising too slowly and now health authorities are very aware of the risks, they are using isolation and PPE gear very well. With the WHO involved from an early stage and reporting they are happy that all measures are being taken (even saying some are over the top), I don't think we will get a full on outbreak.

Guru

I hope you are right, but I am worried it is spreading in some countries undetected, and will only show up once people start presenting with Pneumonia symptoms. By then it will have had a few weeks head start. Korea and Japan both looking pretty shaky now.
    Good thing is we should know within another couple of weeks one way or the other.

Hopefully it will turn out to not be as dangerous as the numbers suggest.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Sharetrader threads related to coronavirus are spreading faster than the virus itself.

May have to get some super-spreader posters quarantined.
    om mani peme hum

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

How do you know when you have a pandemic?

https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/96/8/18-211508/en/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Sharetrader threads related to coronavirus are spreading faster than the virus itself.

May have to get some super-spreader posters quarantined.
    Pets and strays have been put down for fear of transmitting the virus......
    That includes pet snow leopards...

.^sc
    >>>http://www.coinmarketcap.com
    <<<
    The fastest growing asset class the world has ever seen