sharetrader

Default 2020 Budget Preeictions

I stand by my December prediction. Helicopter money, in the form of a universal $500 rebate to every taxpayer is looking increasingly likely. It is an unconventional but much more efficient tool than conventional stimulus methods.
    What are others opinions?
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 26-02-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I stand by my December prediction. Helicopter money, in the form of a universal $500 rebate bribe to every taxpayer is looking increasingly likely. It is an unconventional but much more efficient tool than conventional stimulus methods.
    What are others opinions?
    Hope you don't mind Sarge, but fixed your post. But hey, I'm just a cynic.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 26-02-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Veteran novice

Whatever the draft budget contains, I reckon J and Co will have to re-work the final version in the light of whatever eventuates as the coronavirus fallout continues. So, too early to make predictions IMO.

The largest risk is that of continued underinvesting and that should be a risk we are unwilling to take. New Zealand will not grow with so many economic constraints in place, no matter how much money is helicoptered in. We have wasted far more time than we ever should have playing politics on major projects. We need to immediately shift left (by about a decade) on everything we can.